This hotel advertises everywhere "free Internet" -- and it has signs on the door and in the rooms. But when you actually get here it turns out they throttle the Internet. I did a speed test and it was .30 and .38 megabits coming down -- very, very slow. And there's no choice of plugging into wired Internet.
They demand that you pay a surcharge to upgrade to an average acceptable speed -- and they have several tiers. So if you need decent Internet then the rate is misleading because the Internet is so slow it won't even play videos or download a newspaper without freezing.
Furthermore, the signal was weak and I ultimately had to use my phone as a hotspot. When I called the desk they said, "I'm sorry, sir, there's nothing we can do."
In addition, there is no shampoo, no pen, nothing to write on.
It does have a two burner stove, a fridge, and a sink -- that's of course what they advertise (and I didn't need it for my stay)
Sorry I didn't pay 10 bucks more and stay elsewhere. I consider the Internet a necessity. This is misleading advertising and a bait and switch. i won't stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Orange County-John Wayne Airport Hotel Newport Beach
- Extended Stay Newport Beach
- Extended Stay America Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Extended Stay