“Clean and dog friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Phoenix, AZ
“Clean and dog friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed one night at this location. The room and bathroom was very clean. They are dog friendly and there are many grassy areas to take your dog out. Our only complaint was that the bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke. It was only in the bathroom area though, and we kept that door closed at all times. I thought the hotel was entirely non-smoking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the location and the service provided. Thank you again for your review. However I would like to apologize regarding the unpleasant smell of smoke during the stay. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was my very first time staying at an Extended Stay facility, referred to me by a colleague. The entire process from online reservations to checking in was efficient. I arrived after 9pm and the necessary paperwork was ready for my signature. The front desk person was friendly, courteous and knowledgeable.

I appreciated the cleanliness and my room smelled great. I was impressed with the dishes provided, the silverware and the bathroom ambience, evidenced by the "envision" theme and the green color scheme of the tissue box.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking time to write such a nice review about our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest. Feedback such as yours tells us we are delivering on our commitment. We strive to provide a “home away from home” experience. We are honored for your recognition. We hope to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel itself is a very clean structure,no odd smells or weird noises. The staff was great, there was a gentleman there i believe his name was Carlos He made my check in feel like i was at a 5 star hotel. He was very helpful and knowledgeable of the hotel and assisted with whatever i needed.

• Stayed February 2013
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the staff made you a home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The location was fantastic for me. I received a remarkable treatment at the hotel. I had a document to print and submit YESENIA assisted.

Also I forgot my iPad in my hotel room because I was running late, YESENIA brought the iPad to me at the airport. I was amazed by the kind gesture. For that I would be loyal to extended stay in any part if the world my business takes me.

• Stayed February 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for great review. I'm thrilled that Yesenia was able to provide the best customer service that you deserve. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed here many times and have nothing but great things to say about the hotel. Great rates and the staff is exceptional. The front desk employees are very friendly and general manager Russ is always very professional.

Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I came to this location which was conveniently located by the airport and at such a good rate. I had visited for the holidays and the staff was very attentive, very polite! My room was great for the amount I was paying and time of stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for staying with us at Extended Stay America Orange County - John Wayne Airport. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hollywood, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This had everything we needed in a hotel. We were not looking for a resort or a place in which we would be spending lots of time.
We are here for 2 nights to celebrate Christmas with family in Laguna Beach, Ca ( 11 miles from this hotel)
This hotel in inland, not on the beach.

Yes, we would have like to have been a little closer to Laguna Beach but it's almost impossible to find a "reasonably" priced hotel in this upscale area.

PROS:
* Size of room, plenty large and clean. It has a small desk for the computer at one side of the bed with plugs right there where you need them without stretching your AC cord across the room as in other "fairly priced" hotels.
*27" Flat Screen TV
*Iron & ironing board
*Hair dryer
*Heater & AC, we didn't need either this time.
*Clock radio w/LED time display
*WI FI fabulous; An important feature for us. I had read in some other reviews that the upper floor's wi fi was not as good as lower ones. I mentioned this at check-in & the attendant said their system had been recently upgraded so it should be good in any room. We did get a ground floor room, however, #140, a corner room & we could park right outside the room & could see the car from the room.
*There was another small table w/one chair where one could eat. Another chair from the computer table could be pulled over.
*Oh, there was a "leather" lounger-chair". I liked using my laptop from this chair.
*Good Lighting, A small, round ceiling light was missing a cover, sounds tacky but we didn't even notice it until looking for "cons"
*KITCHEN has a full size fridge, toaster, small coffee maker, limited plates, cups cooking utensils.
*2 elect stove-top burners.
*Micro-wave oven

*LOBBY: Free "grab & go" breakfast from 6am - 9am. Others complained about this BUT we found it just fine & brought things back to our room to enjoy. Actually that was necessary because they do not have any place to eat in the lobby.
There were several flavor choices of micro wave oatmeal (not my favorite.) I prefer the real McCoy but hey, fair enough, 2 coffee choices, 3 liquid coffee creamer flavors, Chocolate Muffins, several choices of "health" bars, fresh apples, bananas (probably oranges too but we showed up just before 9am when they stop), nice sized strong paper coffee cups with sippy lids (ala Starbucks; we went back for seconds), they also had instant Sanka packets to use for later.
*BATHROOM has plenty of counter space & below the counter is a long open shelf for other stuff. No doors to cover this shelf....very easy access & convenient.
Nice sized soaps (no shampoo), plenty of towels.

CONS:
*Even though it was a Non-smoking room it still had a slight smell of ciggies.
*Shampoo not in the bathroom & needs to be gotten at front desk. Their normal procedure, I was told.
*I'm having a difficult time to find more "cons"

We booked this hotel using HotWire.com & got a price that was about $30 less per night than regular online price.
OH AND....we stayed there for Xmas Eve and Xmas night when they could have jacked up the price but didn't.

Room Tip: Because our room was a corner room maybe it was larger than others. We didn't get a chance yet t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!