“It is what it is - you get what you pay for...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4881 Birch Street, Newport Beach, CA 92660   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Abilene, TX
“It is what it is - you get what you pay for...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Is it terrible? Only if you're expecting a full-service hotel, or don't understand the Extended brand. It's made for long term stays so - they don't clean your room during your stay, or make your bed, or empty your class - but that's the brand. These rooms have been remodeled and are clean. The elevators are in bad shape, the room is big, full kitchen. My windows are almost impossible to operate. Closet area is inadequate. Iron is old and needs to be replaced. Full size fridge. Obnoxiously loud bathroom fan, but it keeps the steam off the window. Some nice restaurants close by. Safe area. Good access. So - it has it's plusses and minuses - but if you want something safe and tolerable for less than $90 - and you want to stay in a good, safe, clean area of Orange County - then it fits the bill. It is what it is. When I come back, I'll pay maybe $20/$30 more if I can find something fantastic, but may end up back here since it's really a good value for the area. The rating is average. Not good, not poor, average.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
El Monte, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

not everything was bad. We only stayed one night and we did manage to have a few problems. When we checked in, I requested a room on the top floor and it was granted. However, they were painting the side of the building that day and my window was completely covered with plastic...couldn't see a thing and immediately felt clausterphobic! I called to request another room and the front desk said another would be ready in 1/2 hour. We waited in the current room and when I called back again, the second room was ready. Much bettter, although the windows need a serious cleaning. Since both windows opened regularly, it wasn't too much of an issue with us (although only one window had a screen). Plus, all the hallways DO smell of smoke! Then we decided to either hit the pool or go to the beach. When I picked up the phone to call the front desk to find out if they have a pool (and they don't), I discovered the handset was not connected to the phone base at all! And it was not a matter of snapping it back in either...the wires were literally sticking out of the handset! My fiance and I just sat there and began to laugh hysterically because we were just batting a .1000! I grabbed my room key and took the handset to the front desk. The woman at the desk saw me and asked, "Better this time?" and I just held up the handset with the wires sticking out and she said, "I guess that's a 'no'!" She told me that she would get me another phone so I said that's fine. We left the hotel and headed to the beach. When we returned, no phone. I gave up. But what was good is that it served our purpose for this particular stay and our room was clean. The towels are hard but they were also clean. With the exception of the refrigerator, we did not use the kitchen facilities at all but it was nice to have them. They should supply dish soap, however. Lastly, upon check-out, I did request some sort of discount for the lack of a phone and they took $20 off my bill...that was satisfactory. The ladies at the front desk were nice and accommodating but I still do not wish to stay here again, unfortunately.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport

Address: 4881 Birch Street, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Newport Beach
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-John Wayne Airport Hotel Newport Beach
Extended Stay Newport Beach
Extended Stay America Newport Beach
Newport Beach Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.