“Newport Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in Newport Beach
San Diego, California
“Newport Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at the Radisson in Newport Beach, it was amazing. I ordered room service, it came on time! Everything I asked for was done immediately. I needed a drug store the front desk Mari, printed out directions for me. I belong to the Carlson Rewards Club, and I have to say this is the best yet!

Room Tip: The breakfast is amazing! I was treated like royalty.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Coarsegold, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My most recent stay at this hotel was very enjoyable. The hotel is well maintained. Its location is very convenient to beaches, South Coast, business areas ,SNA. The check/in and check-out process was efficient. The staff was very nice. The rooms were nice. Bathroom was small. The rate was quite reasonable for this area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here with my husband on a business trip over the weekend. We picked this hotel based on the pool and the proximity to where his seminar was located. Upon our arrival, the hotel looked pleasant. The staff was really nice and we were given a room on the 2nd floor near the elevators. When we got to the room our bathroom light was flickering nonstop so bad we immediately had to call maintenance to fix it. The maintenance man came right up to take care of it. The king size bed was comfy and the sheets were nice and soft The one thing that annoyed me was that the bed was practically pushed up against the wall and there was only one nightstand, on one side of the bed. I had no place to put my alarm clock or to plug in my phone.

I liked that there was a separate vanity outside of the bathroom, but the absolute worst and unpleasant part of the room was the bathroom. It was so tiny there was barely enough room for the door to open. Getting out of the bathroom when you have to open the door is a trick, there is barely room for a towel, let alone a change of clothes. The bathtub was dirty and the drain was clogged. It was gross. The shower head was not pleasant either. The ceiling was low and there is no fan. Bad for mold allergies, bad if you are clausterphobic. They definitely need a makeover!

We had a safe in the room, but no refrigerator. We had and iron, but had to request twice to get an ironing board. The vending machines were completely out of bottled water for three days (at least).

The pool was nice though, but got kind of crowded. There were very few lounge chairs and I had to lay on the ground for a while before I was able to get one. They were comfy though. This hotel is no where near the beach, just the airport, so yes, it was kinda loud. Overall, pretty much what we expected, other than the $10 pot of coffee we ordered via room service. I didn't expect that, seems a bit much for an average hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I spent a few nights there to be close to beaches and Fashion Island. I was very impressed with the maintenance of the grounds and the building! The bed was extremely comfortable and the room had everything you need. The staff was all kind and welcoming; engaging in eye contact every time you walked by one of them. A great place to stay with a great rewards program!

Room Tip: Enroll in the Loyalty program and stay with their properties often to earn upgrades to club level ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

So my wife had a dinner obligation in Newport Beach this weekend and asked if I wanted to make a night of it in a hotel, uh yeah! So I was tasked with finding the hotel as I like to research on tripadvisor and such. I booked this hotel on the decent reviews and the proximity to the dinner (it was at the Pacific Club) nearby. After I booked I read a bunch more reviews and people complained of switching rooms because of noise due to the John Wayne airport, or finding it was not clean etc. I thought about calling requesting a room away from the airport etc but decided to just see what we get. There was a couple towers to this hotel...we were in what the woman who checked us in called the 'main' building. This means we took the elevator up from right there in the lobby. We were on the 5th floor, odd numbers side which meant our king balcony room faced MacArthur blvd, the neighborhood Staples and Quiznos, La Salsa etc. I was happy to see a couple of restaurants so close because spouses were not invited to the dinner my wife was attending as it was a school team type deal.

I didn't even notice any airport noise. I think once or twice I actually heard one and thought about it because of the reviews, but nothing even close to bother us. We both talked about it on the long ride back to San Diego (why traffic on a Saturday people?). Airport noise, at least in the 'main' building was a non-issue.

Our room did have a balcony, king size bed, decent bathroom and a little mini fridge. The pool area was nice. I sat in the hot tub in the evening and it was very pleasant. I wake up early and my wife likes to sleep in. So this morning I woke up and wanted to have some early morning hot tub time but when I went out there (around 6:45, pool is open from 6am - 10pm) a worker was out there and said they had just drained it, and it would be at least an hour until it was open again. So I went and got some coffee, then around 9:30-10am I went back down. The hot tub was open, but since they had just re-filled it, it was not hot yet. Just barely above the pool temp. I was a little bummed about that, couldn't they have drained/re-filled after hours?

Overall it was a very nice place. Staff was friendly, room and bathroom were clean. We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've stayed at the Radisson Newport Beach twice for two weeks each time while at a training. The hotel is well-run with a lot of heart. Their level of customer service is by far one of the highest that I have experienced. The restaurant is very good and reasonably priced. They have an excellent lunch salad and soup buffet. The pool area is well laid out and relaxing. They also serve food and drinks out at the pool. It's a great escape.

The front desk is very responsive whether you work them in person or over the phone. I was able to request a floor and the housekeeper for my room was excellent. When she noticed that I was out of cotton balls, a vanity kit with cotton balls appeared on the bathroom sink with the other hotel toiletries. She also noticed that i was storing things on top of the refrigerator and brought in a cabinet for the fridge that gave me more space to store things. When the refrigerator froze some of my food, she had a maintenance guy in my room within ten minutes and the problem was fixed. The turn down service was a very nice touch as well.

When I was checking out, there were no luggage carts in the lobby. One of the front desk managers walked every floor of the hotel to find one for me. This hotel is not fancy and they make sure that everything works properly so that guests don't have to worry about details.

The restaurant and bar staff are very attentive and always smiling. Like the housekeeping staff, they make your comfort a priority.

The staff at the hotel make my long stays enjoyable and comfortable. They are extremely professional and kind. Two major benefits when away from home for so long.

Overall, you can't beat the service at this hotel. The rooms are comfortable and they cater to a lot of different groups. They take care of issues quickly and professionally and treat everyone with respect.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine and in the middle of the tower in the main building. They...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
El Dorado Hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Service was excellent - my request for a refrigerator was fulfilled very promptly. The room was a decent size and the beds were very comfortable. Fine for an overnight stay right next to the Orange County airport. The AC was quite loud and looked rather old, and the sliding doors to the tiny balcony let in quite a bit of airport noise, which luckily stopped in time to let us sleep, but during the day it would be very annoying. You can also see that the rooms haven't been updated in a while - the bathroom door was badly in need of paint.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the airport side - it should be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Newport Beach? Share your experiences!