“Fantastic location, great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Naples, Maine
“Fantastic location, great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here on Easter weekend and could not of picked a better place, one can open the windows and have the warm air blow in which is a plus for those who have trouble staying in recirculated air hotel rooms,

The staff was very friendly and professional, they also have a great fitness center, pool and dining area.

The bed and pillows were firm and clean, I would definitely stay here again, and plan on it.

Room Tip: Open your windows to get a nice breeze from the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Wow, didn't disappoint! Soft clean linens, select comfort bed was awesome, soft fluffy pillows. Good pizza from room service, friendly staff. Relaxing pool and hot tub. Clean carpet, bathrooms. Soft thick fluffy towels. Nice toiletries. Hair dryer. Wonderful. Slept the best I ever did on this vacation. Thank you! Will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Don't scimp on sleeping arrangements. Not worth a bad nights sleep in a dirty room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling around the USA for a month on holidays from Australia and I could not believe how close this hotel was to Anaheim only about a 20 minute drive and so easy to get to. We only stayed for a couple of nights to get a break from the Theme Parks and so we could checkout another beautiful part of America and Newport Beach was definitely worth the visit. The hotel lobby was welcoming and the staff were very friendly. To be honest I found the rooms and beds to be very comfortable and never noticed that we were right near an airport!!

• Stayed October 2012
Glendale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is located two minutes from John Wayne airport. 20 minutes to angel stadium/ Disney. 15 minutes to the beach. Good middle of the road budget conscious option. Rooms are clean and the pool is a good place to relax. For a quick bite walk next door to Quiznos, la salsa, or Fuji grill.

• Stayed March 2013
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Radisson is right across the street from John Wayne airport so if you need something close and like watching planes it is a good place to stay. I didn't notice too much noise since the airport is fairly quiet overall.

This is a very old property that has recently been re-done. They did a very nice job with the lobby area, hallways, pool, and the rooms are overall nice. I simply don't understand why they have no pictures hanging in the room! I had a room on the club level (6th and 7th floors) that included 2 free drinks at the Sapphire bar, snacks in the evening and breakfast the next morning. For $14 extra it was worth it although the evening snacks were wiped out by the time I got there and re-stocking was slow because nobody was really keeping tabs on it. The breakfast was much better with a much higher quality selection of foods from cereals, yogurt, hot oatmeal, breads, fruit, etc. That exceeded my expectations while the evening snacks mostly disappointed .

The staff is very nice and seems enthusiastic about their job. Check in was very pleasant but I was given the keys to an already occupied room. It was quickly fixed but there was a chance of a really uncomfortable encounter with someone and it's not a good way to start your visit.

As I mentioned above, rooms are nice but there was nothing hanging on the walls. Had a very tiny patio but appreciated the screen door and being able to watch the planes take off. Bathroom is old but clean and well maintained. Bed was comfortable. Room had a fridge which is always appreciated.

I would stay here again. I had stayed at the Four Seasons the night before so this was like going from the penthouse to an outhouse in comparison to that but judging the Radisson against the Four Seasons is not fair!

Room Tip: If it's cheap enough, upgrade to club level...worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Led me to this hotel. I was recently dispatched by work to the Newport Beach area and had to find a hotel near the John Wayne Airport. I followed the recommendations from other TAers and they are right on the money. This is practically on Airport property and I believe they have a shuttle since they asked me if I needed it to get to the Airport.

Lets start by saying this place is clean; lobby, rooms, common areas. Its a very attractive property outside and inside with surrounding "walk to" dining places, and a starbucks. The rooms were big enough, comfy beds and I never heard any airplanes, but I was out by 8 am and not back in room until after 10 pm. There is some wear and tear in the rooms that could be easily touched up, but still very clean. My room on the 5th floor had a small coffee maker, but not sure if it's standard for all rooms. The inroom a/c heat unit can be a bit loud on the high setting, but I LOVED IT since I'm a white noise sleeper.

Had the breakfast buffet one morning, a bit overpriced and nothing special for a buffet. Theres a bagel place and a Starbucks just up one block on MacArthur. Not too many families with kids, so I really loved this; not sure if this was an on or off season for that kind of stuff. The surrounding area is mostly business park so night traffic is very light and I was able to put in about a 3 mile run without any concerns. You have easy access to 73 and the 405, and 3 major streets take you down to the beach which is 7 miles from this property.

They are a few dollars over prices given the location and surrounding, but I would certainly stay here again given the convenience of the office I need to get to and the airport location. Just one slight hiccup with one gal at the check-in desk with a slight attitude, but I'll let that slide given the pleasant demeanor of everyone else.

I give this a YUM YUM YUM 1/2YUM out of 5 Yums.

Room Tip: Elevators are stand alone and not attached to any room so no worries there. Might ask for a room op...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This was just a one night stay with my family for a nearby event. This was the worst hotel I have been at in a while.

A large hotel. It was probably a three star hotel 2 decades ago, now just worn out.

Room was nothing special, very average. The chair in the room was stained an the threads were ripped. The beds were "sleep number", but the controls were broke. My back hurt when I woke up. The pillows collapsed to the thickness of the sheets. The walls were very thin. We could hear the people next to us very clearly and they weren't loud, just using normal conversation volume. But I could make out their entire conversation.

The bathroom has the dumbest designed shower control I've ever seen. And the showers were made for people under 6' (not me). The shower head was to corroded to adjust up.

Plus, this hotel is right next to the airport so there is plenty of noise from arriving and departing planes.

I would avoid this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Robert L, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear 1mgregory,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with our Radisson Newport Beach Hotel. Additionally, thank you for taking the time to communicate your experiences during your recent stay. Your feedback is extremely important to us, in our on-going efforts to improve upon our customer service and product delivery.

On behalf of our Hotel and Service Team, I apologize for falling short in our experience delivery, which included having you checked accidently into a room, not prepared for a guest arrival, which included a Sleep Number Bed that was seemingly not working, and a chair that was a bit worn.

We are committed to our on-going quality service and product delivery, and as you could see by our numerous positive comments from prior guests of our hotel, we take the quality of service and product delivery, quite serious.

We will utilize your input during our service improvement effort, and have already addressed the chair in that room, as well as the rest of the hotel with all new furniture, completing the final phase of our room product improvement effort.

Again, I apologize for these concerns and for any inconvenience these issues may have caused to you and your guest, and as a token of our appreciation for your inconveniences, upon your next confirmed reservation, we would like to upgrade your next stay to our Club Level Floor, where you could enjoy a complimentary breakfast for both you and your guest, and VIP Turn Down service for each day of your stay.

Thank you again, for choosing to stay at our Radisson Newport Beach, and we are hopeful to welcome you the next time your travels bring you to Newport Beach, California.
Respectfully,

Robert Leck

Been to Radisson Hotel Newport Beach? Share your experiences!