“I never knew fishing could be so exciting!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 66 Activities in Newport Beach
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Newport Harbor Kayak Fishing offers guided fishing trips around Newport Harbor, CA. You sit back and relax while your guide paddles you around the best fishing spots on the harbor. Anyone from the first time fisherman to the experienced angler will have a great time out on the water! Enjoy the views of multi-million dollar bayfront houses while you fish! We offer the least expensive prices in Southern California so book today!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Isla Vista, California
“I never knew fishing could be so exciting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I am not going to lie when I say that I am not the avid fisherman. Having that said I was amazed at how fun Newport Harbor Kayak Fishing was. It is a unique experience fishing in a kayak. It is a very hands on approach to fishing. My wife and I's tour guide, Jeff, was extremely knowledgeable about the many spots to catch fish throughout the harbor. We ended up catching three each! On top of that, Newport Harbor Kayak Fishing is full of personable, considerate, and knowledgeable people. I HIGHLY recommend this, fishing enthusiast or not!

Visited May 2011

Long Beach, California
3 attraction reviews
“on a 3 Hour Tour...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Like the passengers on Gilligan's boat, we set out for a 3 hour tour but, unlike Gilligan's ill fated passengers, we had a terrific time and I actually caught some fish! (but tossed them back in). I didn't know what to expect when I booked the trip but Jeff, my guide, knew Newport Harbor, knew where the fish were and was funny and personable. I am planning on signing aboard again soon...

Visited September 2010
Fountain Valley, California
“An Exciting Adventure for Everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I have kayaked often in the Newport Harbor area and love it...but had never tried fishing at the same time. Last summer, relatives were visiting and we had the chance to do a kayak-fishing trip. We had a mixed group of older children and older adults, and we all had a fantastic time: lots of laughs, fun, and fish! The trip was well organizedand the guide was very friendly and helpful. We will definitly return to beat our fishing records...relatives are already asking about going again this summer.

Visited August 2010
Huntington Beach, California
“I caught my first fish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I went out on Newport Harbor Kayak Fishing with my dad as a birthday gift to him, it was a lot of fun and I was able to see Newport in a different way. My dad enjoyed himself very much since he is much more experienced than me.... but with the guide's knowledge and assist, I caught my first fish! It was a fun mini adventure to enjoy with my dad! My only advice is to bring something warm, cause it got a little chilly at times!

Visited September 2010