Our family does not camp - but my sons elementary school hosted a Newport Dunes camping weekend. All the families camped on the beach in tents.
Why is this place great for the non-camping type:
1) Just hop in your car in the morning for a Starbucks right down the street
2) There is a convenience store on-site with lunch, ice cream, coffee, and everythng you need for comfort
There is no doubt this is an overcrowded location - the evenings can be loud. But if you are looking to have fun at the beach for a few days we thought this was great.
There was a playground close by. Lots of water toys that could be rented. Even pool access for those renting a RV space - we had access because we had friends renting an RV space. Never did find the showers - so good thing we were only there 2 nights and went swimming once. :)
A huge downside is that the parking area and beach camping area are far from each other - so you need a cart to help move all the stuff from your car to the campsite. They have some carts available for use - but the day we went it was super busy and those were hard to come by.
All in all - fun for 2 nights. I would agree that the RV spots are crazy expensive - but if you get beach front space it is kind of justifiable.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Dunes Waterfront Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Dunes Waterfront Hotel
- Newport Dunes
- Camping Newport Beach
- Newport Dunes Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RV resort located near Disneyland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.