“Best dining experience ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 399 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner
“Best dining experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Wow, where to begin? Starting with the service: we had about 45 min wait, as we came on a sat night. During our wait the hostess came by several times with samples of bread and tortellini. Fruit infused water was available and a server came by frequently to offer drinks.Since it was cold they offered blankets to anyone waiting outside. Throughout the entire dinner people were soooo friendly.

Food: a gentleman came by to offer us hand made cheese ravioli, to thank us for our patience. Wow, how awesome, and the ravioli was delicious. Other reviews spoke of the awesome garlic bread. TRUTH! I ordered the meat ravioli and my hubby ordered lasagna with the pink sauce. While I loved my dish, his was even better. Both are great choices! As if the service couldn't get any better, out server brought us some complimentary cookies. As we were leaving he even boxed some extra cookies for us to take To go.

Not only was the food absolutely amazing, but we have NEVER seen service this great. Every single person there was sooooo friendly. They set the bar for great customer service!

San Clemente, California
“First time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I came for lunch at Mama D's. I read a lot of reviews about it and wanted to try it. From start to finish it was excellent. My server Erin was great. My friend and i ordered different things so we could share them and try out the menu. Everything was good. My favorite though was the bread, shrimp parmesan, and the pesto. They gave us two cookies at the end of our meal and also gave us two raviolis as a taster and a coupon for a appetizer for our next visit. This restaurant has everything that I think makes a place excellent. Service, food, and value. I will come here again to try other things. I can see now what all the talk is about.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Irvine, California
“One of the best Italian restaurant in OC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I am a fan! This place has probably the best Italian food in Orange County! But what struck me the most is their outstanding service- their passion to give you the best dining experience!

My friend and I came here around 11:30-is for lunch on a weekday. The place was relatively empty. The crowd started swarming in at around noon, and by the time we finished lunch at 1:30pm, the place was packed.

Right when we sat down, our waiter came, greeted us, went over the menu, and gave us recommendations to order. Shortly after, our drinks and a basket of their garlic breads showed up and that's when I started making my "ooohhh, aaaahhh, yuuummmm" sounds. OMG, those garlic bread are so good! They're addictive! They serve it to you hot and fresh off the oven! Totally worth the carbs overload!

While munching on our Calamari appetizer, the restaurant Manager came to our table with a complimentary plate of their home-made ravioli to try out--it's delightful!! He was very nice and charming. He thanked us for trying out their restaurant and hoped we'll become their regulars.

I ordered the angel hair pasta with pink sauce and chicken, while my friend ordered Roberto's Cioppino with Linguine. I liked what I ordered but I love what my friend got instead- it was so delicious! It was the best seafood pasta I've ever had! The marinara sauce was made perfectly--it wasn't too salty, not too tangy, and just a hint of sweetness. It was splendid!

After our indulgence, our waiter came back with our check and a free appetizer card for our next visit. He arranged our left overs and added some of their garlic bread wrapped for to-go. Since we were too full to order dessert, he packed us some complimentary cookies to have for later. Now isn't that darling?! So, is this place worth coming to every week? DEFINITELY!!!

Visited December 2013
Newport Beach, California, United States
“Best Italian Food in Newport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

No wonder there is always a line a Mama D's. The food is delicious! The smell from Mama D's draws people in from blocks away! Their pasta is to die for and you HAVE TO TRY THE PINK SAUCE. Such a simple idea with a great result! Be careful with the bread, it's so good you can fill up quick but that just means more leftovers for tomorrow! Be prepared for a small wait, it's unusual for tables to be empty!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bayville, New York
“What a Great Italian Restaurant in Newport!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went there for dinner on a Monday night and Maddie waited on us. The food was great and so was the service. We had different appetizers and pasta dishes, all which were fabulous and real "Italian". The service staff work as a team and so many different ones brought our food out. We ordered cappuccinos and since they don't serve that, Maddie, our waitress went out and bought two cups at a coffee shop next door. Amazing! The place is lively, and very busy and they don't take reservations but we went right in at 7 PM with a table for 4. We plan to eat there again before we end our vacation. You won't be disappointed if you choose to dine at Mama D's.

• Visited February 2014