“FUN - Great Happy Hour!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: German, Hot Dogs
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Brats Brothers is a gourmet sausage grill and German restaurant in Newbury Park. We offer a variety of traditional and exotic bratwursts, an array of tasty side dishes, wiener schnitzel, spaetzel and a huge selection of premium beers.Our bratwursts include pork, beef, veal, chicken, turkey, ostrich, duck, buffalo, elk, alligator and kangaroo. We source our products from award-winning small business providers, ensuring we only serve the best available. Brats Brothers loves offering specials off our menu to highlight great seasonal items. Our beer selection is vast and includes many German and European selections, like Spaten, Paulaner, Hofbrau, Erdinger, Fraziskaner, Chimay and many more.Our restaurant is truly a unique setting, reminiscent of the inside of a tent at Germany’s famed Oktoberfest in Bavaria. It truly ads to the quality food and beer we serve.
1000 Oaks
“FUN - Great Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best giant soft pretzel anywhere, and if you go at happy hour (3-7) their only $3 - which goes excellent with the German and Belgian beer selections!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Thousand Oaks, California
“Nice but not exciting and not Gluten Free friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My H and I tried this new restaurant for lunch on Monday. They did a nice job of decorating and it no longer looks like a pizza parlor. Our waiter was not aware of being Gluten Free and he had to keep going to the chef to ask if the sauces were gluten free (yes) and then the brats (yes). I ordered the duck and fig brat and had to tell him no bun. He said "oh yea, thanks for reminding me". Also ordered the tater tots and red cabbage (I thought they would be gluten free). My meal came and the tater tots were covered in bread crumbs. Had to find another waiter to take it back and replace with fries (had to ask to make sure they were not covered with any flour which some places do to make them crispy).
H had hot italian brat which he enjoyed. His sides of sauekraut and chili were ok but very small. The sauces were very good especially the curry catsup. It saved my brat from being inedible. We ordered "meals" which comes with one brat in a bun, 2 sides and a drink. My brat was just about 7 inches long and looked lost on the plate with no bun. It was hard and dry and I wouldn't ever order it again. My meal for my "exotic brat" was $12 which was a lot for lunch and the small quantity of food. H's meal was $10. Expensive lunch was just so so food and service. Not sure I will be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
California
“A taste of Bavaria in Newbury Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

When you walk in door of Brats Brothers you think are in a beer hall in Bavaria. They offer a wide variety of gourmet sausages from German varieties to the exotic like alligator, duck or ostrich. I had the French brat (chicken sausage with apple and cinnamon). It was terrific.

The sausages are homemade. Everything is very fresh and delicious. The cheese spaetzle and Bavarian tater tots are outstanding. The offer an incredible selection of mustards and ketchup for the brats.

The service is terrific and the staff is super friendly. The atmosphere is fun. The décor is awesome. Great beer selection and Happy Hour prices. Will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere