“Cheapest Hotel Anywhere” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Newbury Park
Glendale
“Cheapest Hotel Anywhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The good thing is that while this facility goes is getting renovated and upgraded, it does have the lowest prices anywhere, which is exactly what I wanted. The room that were were given was okay, considering the price. Bed was King Size was nice and firm. But, we were promised a microwave and refrigerator but did not have one for us. That was a big disappointment. As there was construction going in their office, there seemed to be confusion in being able to service us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Walked in the door - bathroom had stains everywhere. Walls had stains running down them. Pool hadn't been used or repaired in forever!
Went to the desk and demanded my money back. Went to a new hotel. The manager didn't even check my room before he rented it to someone else. Poor gal!

Room Tip: go to another place for a better room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

There is no way to adequitly describe how BAD this place is. Let's start with the room. If you like a real third world feeling, this is the place for you. No soap, bad water, a tolet cover that moves when you sit on it, all this comes with the room. Throw in bugs, no toilet paper and you get the real feel for the place. However, not all is lost. It was different watching the hookers close a deal and backed up with the drug deals going down. Don't see that where I come from. Should it be on a "Bucket List"? Just asking.

Bottom line, reference the title to this little review.

Room Tip: All I can say is not here. My friends here in Thousand Oaks say the Priemier Inn is worth a look.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
So-So Cal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This motel was old, rundown, dirty and in disrepair. I made the mistake of booking it for something of an emergency on very short notice without checking it out on Trip Advisor. The $50/night rate should have given it away. The latch on the door of the room I was in, 128, did not catch, so you needed to throw the other lock from inside to lock the door. And this is not a hotel where you'd want to be with an unlocked door.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Southern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The property has a good location in a decent neighborhood. I don’t understand why they aren’t even trying to offer a decent hotel. The walls have stains running down them. The toilet ran all night. See the photo of the mold and corrosion on the shower metal. If I could have cancelled, I would have (note the 24-hour cancellation policy). I almost left anyway. I kept my shoes on and didn’t dare shower in the morning.

Room Tip: "Look for a better hotel"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I booked this motel from Hotwire on the fly on 7/7/12. I saw a police officer cruising the parking lot when I first arrived, so that should have been a hint! I arrived and checked in. The clerk took forever to check me in (at least 15 minutes), and I was the only one there, and it was approx. 10pm. I went to the room and it was absolutely disgusting. The walls were filthy. The alleged clean towels and bath tub mat had stains on them, the worst of which was the washcloth. After I got it wet it turned gray! The mirror was rusted. The bathroom light switch was so filthy I didn't dare touch it. The shower shelf (for the soap) was dirty, and so was the bottom of the shower. The shower head hung off/out of the wall. I never took my socks off the entire time. The carpet looked as if it had been used in an auto repair shop. The television hadn't been moved out of the armoire forever, and had nasty brown stains underneath it. Oh wait! There's more! When I drew back the bedspread, I found others' hair left behind on the sheets in addition to multiple cigarette burns. I was so disgusted, I put a t-shirt down on the other bed so I didn't have to touch anything with my own clothes when I sat down. I immediately called Hotwire and got a refund, and told them they should be ashamed to associate their name with this dump. Don't ever stay here! YIKES!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

When you walk on the carpet in bare feet and have a shower and black stuff comes off your feet then you know something is up ! We stayed here because we had stayed at several Americas Best Value Inn places before and they were great but this one was not - It needs a clean and makeover desperately! I suppose its like previous reviewers have said and "you get what you paid for" but other Americas Best Value Inn's we've stayed at for the same price have been great so I dont agree in this case with that quote! The pool was OK though - I think it was the cleanest thing in the whole place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!