“Nice Restaurant but Pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 155 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Italian
Salt Lake City, UT
“Nice Restaurant but Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

The food was wonderful at this quaint restaurant but all in all it was a little expensive for my taste. I wouldn't have expected it to be $20 for an entree but it ended up being around that.

The bread was good. It wasn't great, but it was good. The ravioli entree I ordered was pretty good, but I would rather go to a place with better bread personally.

I might go there for lunch again, but not for dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newark, CA
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

My husband and I love Campanella's and have dinner there often. The food is excellent, especially with their new smaller portion plates. You pick the pasta of your choice and the sauce of your choice. Everything is wonderful. Wine is great and atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newark
“my favorite Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

If you like to drink great wine, relaxed atmosphere, and eating fresh delicious Italian food, then you should check this restuarant out. The pasta dishes were not greasy, but full of flavor. We had tasted a pesto sauce dish and a olive/garlic pasta dish, along with a Argentina 2006?or 2005 Chardonay, which complimented this wonderful meal. Don't worry, the prices are not outrages, and over-priced You will want to go back, and try another dish and try another wine.I was told by the chef that you will not be able to find these wines at any store.Sorry we didn't have any room for dessert, but next time! Caio, Ana

Newark,
“Our favorite place in the East Bay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

My wife and I love this place. It is slightly hidden but SO worth finding…..For all of you who complain (albeit justifiably) that Newark lacks high cuisine and that we have to go to the West, this is your place. The food is wonderful as are those who run and work it.

Just stay away from the corner booth…because that is ours…..