“Long Time Customer OLD time Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel Newark

You added Chase Suite Hotel Newark to your Saves list
Chase Suite Hotel Newark
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39150 Cedar Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560 (Formerly Woodfin Suites)   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Newark
“Long Time Customer OLD time Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've been a customer of this hotel for over 20 years, in that time the hotel has made little to no upgrades. It's in great need to some upgrading. Carpets were stained, bathroom sink had broken drained, our toilet was clogged when we arrived and we had to call for a plunger. Mt man showed up and snaked it out, but took over an hour and two phones to front desk to get him there. I requested extra towels and pillows prior to my arrival this was not done. I really like the bed, just right not too hard not to soft... but the pillows were flat and worn, I had to ask for a feather pillow and was told they were for the executive king rooms, when I explained that is what I paid for they rounded up the feather pillows but took two hours to do so.

Overall our stay was just OK.. the value is not what it use to be. I noted a raise in rates without any improvements. I do still like the rooms, large and love the fireplace. The kitchen is nice with a full stove and refrig but was stocked as well as it has been in the past. The ottoman was missing in our unit.. But they had replaced the OLD style TV in our unit to a large flatscreen but the reception was horrible(snowy) all channels but one. I will probably not stay here again unless they upgrade. Another positive was they allowed my dog which I was grateful but the fee was $150 and nonrefundable. I have a little dog, I think if your dogs does no damage this should be refundable or a smaller fee. I've stayed in better and worse places. Chase Suites is a different type of hotel, I really like the idea of a large room with all the comforts of home I hope they take some of my suggestions and complaints and make some improvements.
Roxy

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review from your recent stay. We appreciate your honest and candid feedback, without it we cannot continue to grow and improve our services and product. Many of our guests are just as pleasantly surprised at the size of our suites and the amenities. Once again thank you for your loyalty and hope to see you in the near future.

Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Large rooms, poor quality furnishing, bad mattress, cheap linen and meager , thin blanket. Carpet stained and bath counter marred. Nice staff. Galley kitchen with a few plates silverware, knives, toaster microwave, full fridge, sink. Clearly hotel caters to long term stays ( workers, etc.). I have stayed in worse.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
First and foremost I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest and candid feedback, without it we cannot continue to improve our services and product. All of your comments have been noted and we thank you once again for letting us know.
Santa Maria,Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel has large rooms including living room, kitchen and bedroom. We were pleasantly surprised after reading other reviews. Room was clean, large and had good wifi. The only downgrade I would give is the furniture is getting old. The furnishings are old but clean. Breakfast was good. This appeares to be a large property and the kitchen area gets crowded.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Newark. We're very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our large suite and the breakfast. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Newark. Take care until then.

Ridgecrest, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Suite was so Big it had everything you would ever need, even a Refrigerator, Stove & free Wi-FI.. The Beds were so Comfortable.
I will recommend this hotel to all of my friends and we will be staying there again.
Debra

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our suites! We were glad to hear that we exceeded all your expectations! Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. Hope to see you back in the near future!
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Smelly room, nasty lighting, terrible TV, gross bathroom, overpriced for what it is. You are almost certainly going to be better off staying at any of the larger name brand hotels nearby, and avoid this place.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed. I was concerned to hear about your experience with our hotel. We are in the business of serving guests and having them leave with a positive experience, not the opposite. We take every guest and their needs seriously. I know that does not change your experience but if we had heard your concern we would have definitely done something about it.
Kaysvill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Dear Jenny, I wanted to thank you for your wonderful staff. We always feel at home staying at this location. I talked to Tameka before I made my reservation and she was so helpful. This young lady is a true professional and a great representative to your hotel. We look forward to staying with you each time we visit. Your rooms are spacious and perfect for our family. Thank you again. See you in December!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear Tamika exceeded your expectations, she is definitely an asset to our team. Thank you again and hope to see you in the near future!
Newark, Calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here due to issues at home, we were pleasantly happy with the facility. The Hotel staff was awesome in letting us do n early check-in and the room was very spacious. They allowed us to bring our pet and he was able to stretch out and feel at home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Newark-GM, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We were glad to hear that we exceeded all your expectations! Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Newark? Share your experiences!