“Best choice for an extended stay in the East Bay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel Newark

Save Saved
You added Chase Suite Hotel Newark to your Saves list
Chase Suite Hotel Newark
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39150 Cedar Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560 (Formerly Woodfin Suites)   |
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Newark
Fremont, California
“Best choice for an extended stay in the East Bay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

It is expensive and nearly impossible to find a good apartment in Fremont or Newark California. The Chase Suite Hotel in Newark is a very good, well furnished 1 or 2 bedroom apartment with free breakfast and happy hour. Free WiFi Internet and cable are included and the king-sized bed is five star quality. I cannot say enough about how much better I sleep now; well rested and no aches and pains. There is a fully functional fireplace, swimming pool, sauna, gym, conference room, shuttle, and just about every amenity you would expect at an executive apartment.

The location of this hotel apartment is perfect! It is close to the freeway, but not close enough to hear it. It is next to a large mall, but not close enough to notice. It is across the street from dozens of good restaurants. You ma think that it is too expensive, but if you stay here you will soon realize that it is worth every penny. I tried to save money by staying at Extended Stay Hotels and regretted every day that I spent there.

I was reluctant to stay here because I saw the negative reviews. Whatever they experienced in the past, does not seem to be here any more. The staff has been very professional so far and my stay here has been very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Newark-GM, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments on Trip Advisor! I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on two seperate occasions. Both times I was pleasently surprised by how nice the place was for the value. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. If you're a stickler for esthetics then maybe not the place for you, but I liked the space of the room, having a kitchen and seperate living area. The bed was comfy and inviting. The bathroom was a little dated, but clean and it had loads of hot water. The area was fine, quite a few restaurants and a big mall nearby. The housekeeping staff were extremely helpful and always had a smile. The complimentary breakfast had a great assortment of hot and cold items and the lady doing it was absolutely sweet! The pool area was clean and relaxing, and the maintenance man that I ran into there was very friendly and helpful. I've never been to a hotel where the people working their were consistantly friendly and making sure you were comfortable. Will stay here whenever I'm in the Newark area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review! We were glad to hear that we exceeded all your expectations! Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.

Portland, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I can usually forgive a budget hotel for not being anything but budget. Not this time.
Decor=desperately needs updating
King bed=thrift-store pillows
Internet=hardly worked our whole stay and they had ME call their ISP to have them reset the connection points
Non-smoking rooms: Stinky and smoke-smelling, incredibly noisy (street noise, plus the many beer-drinking porch-smoking loud-talking guests around us)
Pros: The housekeeping staff was really nice, and the water pressure is wastefully strong.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Our goal is for every guest to have a great experience and we obviously missed that mark during your stay. We hope you will give us the opportunity to show you that we can do it right the next time you are in the Newark area.

portland, oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Seriously. Don't stay here. Don't even think about it. This is more like a dormitory for nearby manufacturing/industrial plants. The internet does not work well. The breakfast was gross. My room REEKED of smoke, even though they claim its a non-smoking hotel. The TVs were very old, only barely half of the stations came in clearly - that was if you could get the thing to turn on in the first place. The staff seemed confused and not together when me and my business associates checked in. The bathroom was dirty, the walls are seriously thin, and its right next to the freeway. Need I say more?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Even though we don’t like to receive letters like yours, we are happy that you took the time to write it. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations and for that I am truly sorry.” Our suites have a spacious living area with a fire place, full kitchen and private bedroom. We have a very strict nonsmoking policy upon check in requiring a $250.00 deposit to prevent guest from smoking in our suites. The location of our hotel is behind New Park Mall with many restaurants across the street and ½ mile from 880 freeway.

Chase Suite Hotel-Newark
Nogales, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to go to San Francisco but made a stop in Newark so we decided to stay here since it looked like a nice hotel. Wow, I can only tell you that everything was absolutely awsome. The staff was great, the room was excellent specially the bed and everything in general was awsome. I would give this place two thumbs up. The only thing that I was kind of dissapointed about is that most hotels put a small amount as a hold on your credit card but they put a hold of $250 dlls. If you ask me that is kind of expensive for a hold on a card and it did take a little bit more than a week to clear out maybe because it was an international credit card. Oh and something else would be probably a little bit more variety on the breakfast menu but other than that everything was great. I would definitely recommend this to everyone, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Newark-GM, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I had a chance to review the survey that you recently completed, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We just left this hotel. We were a little skeptical after reading the reviews, but was impressed with the accommodations. The room was clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will definitely be back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Newark-GM, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing that our guests have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Best regards,
Chase Suite Hotel-Newark
Fremonth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Booked about 12 rooms with Jenny for a wedding celebration that lasted for about 7-8 days. Jenny was a pleasure to work with and was prompt to answer any emails or calls for questions we had about our stay. The rooms were comfortable and considering we had guests flying in from UK and various parts of the country, everyone loved the hot breakfast served each day. The staff was friendly and courteous. Bali at the front desk was a doll. Some guests needed some extra time to check out and she was always gracious with them. Overall our party really loved their stay and we got some major props for picking this place. Did i mention the prices? What value for your money. Take a few pennies, if you need a comfortable spot for good value, you have come to the right place. THANK YOU Jenny!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Our pleasure! We are so glad to hear that all your family and friends enjoyed their stay and had a great experience! Will look forward to welcoming you and your group again in the future.

Chase Suite Hotel Newark

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Newark? Share your experiences!