“Very good for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel Newark

Save Saved
You added Chase Suite Hotel Newark to your Saves list
Chase Suite Hotel Newark
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39150 Cedar Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560 (Formerly Woodfin Suites)   |
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Newark
Southern Cal
“Very good for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years and they continue to provide a good experience. Since they are suites instead of regular hotel rooms I am much more comfortable. There isn't much to choose from in the area and prices are high, so Chase becomes almost a default choice for me. It's great to be able to stop by Safeway and get some fresh fruit and snacks for your fridge. When I travel with my family this is great for my kid.

The staff is very friendlty and accomodating. First time we visited with my infant son, the staff went way out of their way to make sure that my wife had everything she needed, and that the crib we got was clean and in good shape.

More than once I have gotten rooms that stink like smoke and have had to change. They have a note on the counter that it's OK to smoke out side your room, but the problem is that the A/C pulls it in. Ick.

Rooms are a little threadbare and showing their age, but the rooms are kept clean and I've never felt uncomfortable like I do in some lower cost places.

Breakfast is a little hit or miss, but it's free so worth a shot. You can always go to one of the myraid of restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms are all about the same, so just get one that doesn't stink like an ashtray!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Newark-GM, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing that our guests have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Chase Suite Hotel-Newark,Ca

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My son and I have spent this summer at San Jose, we have stayed Chase Suite Hotel for about a week, Chase Suite Hotel has nice facilities, the room we stayed was very clean, the king bed and sofa bed were very comfortable. The suite has decent space, I like the separate living room and bed room with french door that we can close for a quiet night sleep. The free breakfast has good varieties and decent food. Staff are very nice and always willing to help.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Newark-GM, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We also appreciate you taking the time to post your review .I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff and our breakfast. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.
We hope to see you on your next trip to Newark.

Thank you for choosing Chase Suite Hotel,Newark
Hanford, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here for a soccer tournament and it was perfect. It was clean and we took our own food to save some money. They have free movie rentals. Older movies, but that's cool. Fitness center and pool that the kids enjoyed. Didn't offer a two-hour later checkout....that wasn't cool since we had to wait for a later game! But, overall, it worked out great for us. We took second in the tournament, too! So, Yayyy!!! :-)
Oh, and the best part is there is a HUGE mall right behind the hotel and within walking distance!!!

Room Tip: Free breakfast is decent, but get there early because they run out of food really fast.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and taking second place in the tournament!! We also appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our staff is really proud of our guest service and they appreciate your nice comments about them. Sorry we could not extend a two hour late check out due to been sold out and having all rooms clean for arrivals at 3pm. We look forward to your return on your next soccer tournament!
Thanks again for choosing us for your soccer tournament group,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times with no problems until recently. We had a girls weekend for my friend's birthday decorated the room but it was only us 4. Because our stove was broke we needed maintenance to come fix it when the Maintenance Supervisor, Margarita came in to check the stove she took a picture with her camera phone and said we had a party. When we explained to her the situation she began to about and become unnecessarily belligerent. We asked her to leave and she was still taking pictures so we put her out.
On top of that we had to move rooms from a 2 bedroom to a 1 because the 2 bedroom had wallpaper falling off the walls and smelled and was extremely off putting. When we called the front desk to change the room the woman at the front desk, Perlita gave us an attitude and had extremely poor service. Her attitude was not fixed until we went downstairs to talk to her and I asked her name.
The next day we went to breakfast came back and out keys did not work. We went to the front desk and found out Perlita only gave us keys for one night when we paid for 2.
Our whole experience was ruined due to rude staff and poor customer service. I have stayed here multiple times but thanks to this experience I will never return.

• Stayed July 2012
Ms. Williams,
I’m sorry to hear that your stay did not exceed expectations. I assure you our company investigates any request or complaint very seriously. I have been the General Manager at Newark for 8 years. I along with my staff pride ourselves on the highest level of customer service. Additionally, our property inspector is here regularly to ensure we are following standard operating procedures. I do apologize that while your claim was investigated and your stay eventually refunded you remained unsatisfied. Given that you have enjoyed your stays with us before, perhaps you will give us another chance in the future.

Glendale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

There are many shops nearby which makes it convenient. The area seemed a little on the rough side but was ok. The room was huge with a full kitchen, however it had a musty smell. Other than the smell the room was tidy and clean. I did enjoy the couch, and TV in the living room. Also had a fireplace in the room. The breakfast was good, better than others. I might stay here again if in the area. Rate was very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Newark-GM, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your Newark visit. We're very happy to hear you were able to enjoy our very comfortable room and the breakfast. Thank you again and we very much look forward to welcoming you for your next visit to Newark. Take care until then!

Chase Suite Hotel Newark,CA
Oly, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Our team stayed here for 3 nights for a baton twirling Regional competion. I was a little worried due to some of the reviews. But I was very pleasantly suprised when we arrived. the rooms were large and equiped with everything we needed. Very clean! The kids all loved the pool! And the breakfast was wonderful. The best part is the staff. they were very accomodating for our group, they even started serving breakfast early because our competition started early. nice thick walls too, we were worried becuase we had a fussy little one with us. We asked the family next to us if they could hear her. they said no, they were impressed with how quiet it was in thier room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Newark, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments on Trip Advisor! I am glad the kids loved the pool; everyone enjoyed our breakfast and the wonderful comments about my staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated. I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours!

Chase Suite Hotel Newark,CA

Chase Suite Hotel-Newark,CA
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This place might be ok, but you need to be aware of what you are getting yourself into. It is easy access to freeways, shopping and restaurants.

We stayed here in March 2012 for a few days and had a "two bedroom suite". It is one-bedroom suite with an adjoining hotel room. The place initially looks ok, but is actually run down and not maintained at all. The door to the one bedroom suite does not latch and does not close properly unless you yank on it. The "french doors" for the adjoining room do not lock properly - only the lock at the top of the doors works, the bottom one does not lock - and one could easily break in by simply pushing hard on it. The worst part is that we came back after a day's outing and the cleaning staff had not properly closed the door, and the door was actually ajar by several inches!! (and would have been like that all day). Anyone could have walked in and robbed us! I also had a dog inside, fortunately, my dog was contained, but if not could easily have disappeared because of the staff's carelessness. I reported it to the front desk that evening and she could have cared less. It was only at my insistence, that she actually wrote it in some log book. Our room was sort of hidden from the view of most people, so that is the only thing that would have saved us from getting robbed. There is no security staff on-site checking things and it is obvious the staff don't make rounds to check on anything. There is no safe in the room.

On another day, we came back after a day's outing and it was like an over in the room. The thermostat for some reason was set in C instead of F, and the maid had turned it up to 35C which is 95F!!!. It took hours to cool it off. Why would they do that? Why are they in there turning up the heat? We had to put sticky notes on the thermostats to tell them to leave them alone - we like it around 70 inside, not 95! I would recommend just telling the cleaning staff to stay out as they cause more problems than it is worth.

The extra bedroom which is a normal hotel room is located between two, 2-bedroom suites - so has adjoining doors on both sides. You can hear everything in the next room - as well as smell anything they cook!!

Beware of the food, They serve breakfast which basically consists of pre-cooked food that is heated up. It is ok, except that I was horrified by the food handling practices here. The woman in the kitchen had a plastic glove on her right hand, which she constantly grasped an old cleaning rag, Then she came out with some sliced ham and was taking it off the plate and putting it into the buffet with some tongs. Some of the ham stuck to the plate, so she used her filthy gloved hand to take it off the plate and put it out for people to eat!! Ewww! On another day, I observed her using her hands to remove omelets from a container and place them in the buffet with her bare hands. Yuck! After the ham incident, I could only eat toast at that place! The breakfast ends quite early. Best just buy some groceries and eat in your room.

There is other motels in the area - there is a Residence Inn around the corner - and if you need a dog-friendly place, there is also a Motel 6 close by. I would suggest staying elsewhere, as the staff here simply careless

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
I had a chance to review the survey on Trip Advisor. I was concerned to hear about your experience with our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs, and I was disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.
We take our guest satisfaction very seriously and are also grateful when given the opportunity to make improvements so that each stay exceeds expectations.
Chase Suite Hotel Newark, CA

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Newark? Share your experiences!