“Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   39900 Balentine Drive, Silicon Valley, Newark, CA 94560   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Family Fun Package
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Newark
Houston, United States
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel was wonderful in many ways and the weekend rate made it an easy choice to stay here through the weekend as well. The staff was extremely helpful in everything I asked, from food recommendations to general help.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
concord, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If you are looking for easy freeway access and a comfortable bed this is the place to stay. They greet you with a warm cookie it doesn't get any better then that and if you don't want it no need to fuz about it leave it for the next person that loves chocolate chip cookies like us.We enjoyed our stay, very safe area, great resturants and starbucks is right across the street.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, yesterday
Good day Linda B!

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay (and our cookie!) and that you liked our convenient location. It was our pleasure to serve you; thank you very much for choosing to stay at our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the very near future.

Thank you Linda B!
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Repeat business customer here. Nothing particularly outstanding about this hotel other than extremely pleasant staff and fair price in a sea of very expensive or inferior Silicon Valley alternatives. Hotel is clean and rooms are comfortable. The staff is consistently friendly and helpful. BART is a short drive away, so it's easy to get to Oakland or SF if you don't want to there. Highly recommended.

Dear Brian F,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we sincerely thank you for your continued business. I would also like to thank you for your kind recognition for our staff. They really do appreciate your compliment.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is ever anything that we can do for you. Thank you again.
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was a comfortable stay. Room was clean and tidy and reception desk, restaurant and bar staff were all very friendly. The bar was cold and empty but overall a very good stay and value for money for all the time I was there.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
DoubleTreeNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Philip519,

On behalf of our team here, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we thank you for being our guest. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Have a great week Philip519 and thank you again!
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while relocating to California (25 days). It was a good choice when it came to comfort, price (corporate rate), and location.

We also enjoyed the daily breakfast buffet, and the service provided. Greetings to all the hard working staff, especially to Javier and Lupe. Outstanding service from both of them!
The cleaning crew were great most of the time, and for that thank-you!

Now, I cannot say the same about the front desk personnel. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we were faced with rude, fake, unknowledgeable, lazy staff, and the list can go on!
Not to mention the fact that I caught one of the contractors working on the property trying to enter my room to paint the outdoor balcony. No one bother to noticed me about this occurrence. Unacceptable!!!

Pay attention to the charges when your order to go or room service; additional charge was added to my credit card after I signed for my original order.

I addressed these and many other issues that we encountered to the general manager, and I truly hope he did something about it. No customer should have to endure the hostile attitude that we had to endure from the front desk.
My husband and I do travel quite a bit, this was not our first time in a hotel, but we never encountered such an hostile environment even in the less credited chain of hotels. I expected a superior service from this Hilton brand hotel.
Unacceptable by any means!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear pobox5653,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and we thank you for sharing your detailed comments. On behalf of my General Manager and our management team, I would like to apologize for the experience and interaction that you had with our Front Desk staff. Please know that this is not the type of service that we preach and expect to provide here. Our guests and their needs are the most important thing to us. Our Front Office managers will be reviewing your comments carefully to ensure they are used to improve our guest's overall experience and stay. We do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

Thank you so much for your kind recognition and compliments for our breakfast staff; for Javier and Lupe. They are wonderful and we are very lucky to have them on our team. I will make sure to share these comments with our Food and Beverage managers.

Thank you very much again pobox5653.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was pleasantly greeted at the hotel at close to midnight by the night attendant-with a smile and warm cookie. This was a relief after driving 6 hours from Tahoe. Leaving all the Holiday crowds and chaos for my quiet, clean, well appointed room was my holiday gift to myself.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello 804daisyc and Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for your review! We are so happy that we were able to give you a nice little break during the busy holiday time. It was our pleasure to serve you and provide you with a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere. Thank you for being our guest!

We hope to have the chance to serve you again someday 804daisyc. Have a great 2015!
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed at this hotel a few times prior, when it was a full "Hilton" hotel ... it was recently rebranded a "Doubletree" hotel, but the only real difference is that they give you a chocolate chip cookie when you check in (a big "plus", in my book). The hotel consists of a main "tower" building, and a low 2 or 3 story building that is attached ... ask for a room in the tower, because it can be quite a walk to the other sections of the hotel.

-Room was good, if not exceptional.
-Breakfast buffet (included if you have gold or diamond status) is excellent (a cut above the ordinary hotel buffet)
-I would have given them 4 stars, instead of just 3, except for the fact that I couldn't get a pick-up at the airport. One of the main reasons to stay at this hotel is the free airport shuttle ... other airport hotels are closer, but much pricier, and usually not as nice. My flight got in fairly late (around 9:30pm) at SJC airport, but when I called the hotel and asked for an airport pickup, they said their driver had just left the airport, and wouldn't be returning, for the evening. So, I ended up having to take a ~$65 cab ride (which beat their driver to the hotel) ... not good for the expense report (especially since it was completely unexpected). Be sure to ask when their last airport pickup is, and plan your air travel accordingly.

Room Tip: As for a room in the tower building, on an upper floor, if possible.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
DoubleTreeNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear MassCouple2,

On behalf of Mr. Schulz and our team here, I would like to thank you for your review. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our accommodations. Thank you so much for your feedback and compliments. And most importantly, thank you for being our guest!

MassCouple2, we are extremely sorry for the shuttle inconvenience that you experienced. Our shuttle is based on availability and does make runs to and from the San Jose Airport regularly. We are very sorry that we were unable to provide you with this service at the time that you needed it. We do appreciate your comments.

Thank you MassCouple2. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon. We wish you a Happy and Healthy 2015!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont? Share your experiences!