“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   39900 Balentine Drive, Silicon Valley, Newark, CA 94560   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
3X HHonors Bonus Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Newark
Monterey, California, United States
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had a very nice room with two double beds and a large balcony overlooking the pool courtyard. The hotel property is large, with a tall tower one one side and two large courtyards. One courtyard contains the pool area, and the other courtyard contains a garden with pond. There is ample complimentary parking, a fitness center, and conference rooms. Across the street is a supermarket and a good place for gyros sandwiches. The hotel has recently been renovated. My room had a very large flat-screen TV. I received a warm chocolate chip cookie with walnuts upon check-in. I also received bonus points, which I appreciated, given that this was award travel (a great points and cash value). There was cold water in the lobby flavored with natural strawberry essence. I also had two water bottles in my room. The ice machine on my floor worked properly. The beds were comfortable and clean. My only comments are that people enjoying the pool area can be noisy at times; if this bothers you, then select a room surrounding the courtyard with the garden. The business center currently charges a hefty fee per minute of use, but the front desk assured me that they are going to change that. The reason for the charge is that a third party, not affiliated with the hotel, runs the business center. I did not receive a bill under my door during the night; instead, I received an email. This is a good idea because of data privacy issues (and because sliding a bill under your door at night might wake you up). I was also able to obtain a hard copy of my bill upon check-out at the front desk. I was given a voucher for a free breakfast at the Ginger Bar and Grill. I appreciated receiving the voucher. The breakfast started early in the morning at 6AM on a Sunday morning, and I appreciated the fact that they started the breakfast so early. There was a wide variety of hot and cold items to choose from, and the service was good. However, the quality of the breakfast buffet offerings at the DoubleTree in Princeton, NJ is superior. In summary, I had a good stay at this hotel, with a good night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Ted H,

On behalf on our team, I would like to sincerely thank you for your review. We really appreciate your thorough feedback and comments. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our accommodations. Thank you so much for being our guest!

We hope to have the chance to serve you again sometime Ted H. Thank you so much again and have a great October!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I arrived on a Saturday afternoon feeling a bit frazzled and was looking forward to kicking back and chilling before dinner. The hotel lobby was pretty crowded (right at 4:30pm) but I got to the front of the line and the woman at the counter, Melissa, despite being very busy, greeted me with a warm smile.

She got me checked in quickly to a top floor room and it was even COOL when I got there. Haven't checked out the gym yet but the hotel is clean and modern inside and all of the staff have been very friendly so far!

Room Tip: Hilton's Honors program goes a long way at this hotel! I got a free breakfast and premium room u...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
DoubleTreeNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Good day dkfmn!

On behalf of Mr. Schulz and our entire team here, thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! We are so happy to be your hotel of choice! Thank you for your kind recognition for our Front Desk agent, Melissa. We are thrilled to hear that she was able to take care of your needs and that she gave you a very nice welcoming.

Thank you for being our guest dkfmn; it is our pleasure to serve you. Have a great Fall Season and we hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice check-in experience and nice room too. I like the layout of the hotel that there are only 3 floors but spread wide - meaning that you can park close enough to where your unit is without waiting for the elevator too much. Gym equipment is nice.

However I have a less-than-ideal experience with Lost-and-Found. I left an item in the room (a cable attached to the TV). At first I called them the day after checkout and someone did respond over the phone (saying that they would check the room for me), and I left my name/phone number and was hoping to get a response. Since then I called almost every day but could only reach the Lost-and-Found voice mailbox. I left 2-3 messages around 11am or 12pm each day but didn't get a response since then. I know it's my miss in the first place, but was hoping that someone would at least tell me "it couldn't be found". Perhaps the hotel is too big and have too many guests to take care of individual requests...

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
DoubleTreeNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear KY L,

On behalf of our General Manager and the entire team, I would like to thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for being our guest.

KY L, we are very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with our Lost and Found department. This will be looked into further so that we can ensure that such issues are corrected and prevent this from ever occurring again. Our guests and their needs are the most important thing to us and the reasons that we do what we do. I do hope that you were able to get your cable back. Again, our apologies.

Thank you again KY L. Have a wonderful Fall Season.
Puyallup
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here four three nights mid week for business. My first stay and I will return again. The facility was clean, staff friendly, and location has easy access to Interstate. Front desk staff was always busy helping guests while I stayed there; they were always helpful when I had a question. Rooms are well appointed. Hotel restaurant had a good choice of breakfast options. I did not have a chance to use the dinner menu, but it look interesting and reasonable. Other restaurants in the area included fast food across the street and good choices within a short drive. Government TDY rates are not always available.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear OldPilot1967 (Puyallup),

On behalf of Mr. Schulz and our entire team here, thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review and for your kind recognition! Our staff is very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for being our guest. We look forward to serving you again, thank you!

Have a great Fall Season OldPilot1967 (Puyallup)! Thank you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for a few nights. The rooms have all been renovated and are quite nice.
The hotel bar (which needs refurbishing) closes at 11 pm weekdays, later on the weekends when they have a band. The crowd is like a scene from a Subic Bay bordello circa 1980.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Uminge,

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your comments and feedback. And, we thank you so much for being our guest.

Uminge, I am happy to report that we are about to do extensive renovations to our Ginger Bar & Grill Restaurant. This is something that we are all very excited about. There are many more good things to come here, which we hope you will be sharing with us.

Thank you again.
Mission Hills, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Double Tree was a fun place to be. They are doing some renovation so there is some dust. The atmosphere was very nice, the lobby area beautiful, and all were very friendly. Constantly greeting you and asking if they may assist you. We attended a beautiful wedding anniversary and all went very well. The rooms are not large, but are comfortable. Enjoyed are stay very much.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Good day Debbie G!

On behalf of Mr. Schulz and our team members, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your TripAdvisor review! Our staff is very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for being our guest. We hope to serve you again soon!

Thank you again Debbie G. Have a wonderful Fall Season!
Santa Clara, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After traveling all day, being greeted by such a friendly staff was refreshing. The hotel was clean and classy! Of course the warm, fresh cookies at the front desk at check in are always my favorite part of the stay at The Double Tree!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Hello Becky O!

Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our accommodations (including our delicious DoubleTree cookies)! Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments and for your recognition for our team. It was our absolute pleasure to serve you; thank you very much for being our guest Becky O! We hope to serve you again soon!

Have a great Fall Season!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont? Share your experiences!