“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   39900 Balentine Drive, Silicon Valley, Newark, CA 94560   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X HHonors Bonus Points
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Newark
United States
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have been to many hotels in the area, and this is by far becoming my favorite place to stay. The front desk staff are always friendly, no matter the time of day or night. I love the fact that there are balcony's available. Nothing is better than to sit outside on a warm evening, and relax. Haven't tried the pool yet, but I love having a gym available on my time. Great place to stay, and I will no longer stay anywhere else.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, yesterday
Hello Chantel C!

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review! On behalf of our General Manager and our entire team here, I would like to thank you for taking the time to recognize our Front Desk staff and for your most gracious compliments. We are extremely happy to be your choice hotel. Thank you very much for being our guest and for your loyalty. It is our absolute pleasure to serve you.

We look forward to serving you again soon Chantel C. Thank you again and have a great rest of the summer!

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fremont, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I purchased with Orbitz in March for the stay in July and upon check-in the reservation was not found. I waited at the front desk for an hour while Joele attempted to contact Orbitz. Joele informed me that the hotel reservation system was new and that the old Orbitz reservation conf numbers will not work. The staff continued taking incoming calls while working with me which caused me to have to wait even longer. When she finally got Orbitz on the phone, they gave her a credit card number to use. The next morning, I was awakened by Alexa who told me my card, the Orbitz one-time-use AMEX number, was declined. I told her the situation and she said she would call Orbitz again to get a new card number to use. Upon returning to my room that night, I checked in at the front desk and was told that my card was declined again. I stood there for another hour while C Dela Cruz worked with Orbitz to get it resolved. He told me there was a miscommunication about the room rate and that is why the card was declined. Overall, the staff was friendly and C Dela Cruz finally came through to help me. Friendliness, though, did not fix the problem which originated from a new system that did not accept existing reservations. There was a significant gap in communication amongst staff members and between the staff and Orbitz based on room rates. I was not pleased that I had to wake up to a 'your card is declined' call and that after I was told that it would be taken care of, I found that it was still declined more than 12 hours later. I felt like this issue was less important when the staff told me to hold on while they took an incoming call. The stay was a huge hassle for me and I didn't feel like a valued guest. The nice room, free cookies and great rate that I got on Orbitz did not really make up for it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Alexander F,

On behalf of our General Manager and the entire team here, thank you for taking the time to write your TripAdvisor review. We are very sorry about the issue regarding your Orbitz reservation. Since transitioning over to a DoubleTree, we unfortunately have experienced some glitches with our system. Though there have been only a few like this, we are hoping that this matter will be resolved and corrected completely and quickly. Again, our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience.

Thank you very much for being our guest Alexander F. We do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Have a nice rest of the summer.
Fremont, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

not if you need to have internet connection or expect to use your room as a place to work My room was comfortable; The breakfast buffet was common but good The lunch menu was very over-priced; walk across the street to fast food alternatives is the better plan.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Alan D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel and for being our guest. We’re very sorry you were unhappy with our facility. We appreciate your comments and we are taking them into consideration as we continue to improve upon our on-property experience.

Thank you again. Have a nice rest of the summer.
Minden, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel used to be a regular Hilton and was showing it's age. Newly remodeled room looked great and we prefer the more modern style. Lobby renovation not complete. Breakfast was nicer than your standard Doubletree and service was prompt and friendly. Great location in the east bay - and much less expensive than San Jose or the peninsula. Will book here again.

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Sharron G!

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review! We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our new rooms! It was our pleasure to serve you; thank you for being our guest.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future Sharron G. Thank you again!
Foothill Ranch, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I wanted to send a special thanks to the second shift manager that provided me and my family with excellent customer service. We were traveling with our pet. Yes, Double Tree is a pet friendly hotel. Unfortunately a hotel engineer was not clear on the policy and as a result there was a misunderstanding with him and my daughter when she was walking the dog outside. Mr. C Dela Cruz was the shift manager. He handled the entire situation with perfect professionalism and deserves recognition from his management. Thank you Mr. Cruz!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Richard B,

Thank you very much for your review and for your kind recognition for our Assistant Front Office Manager, C. We are very sorry for any confusion or incorrect information that you were provided by our staff. We are happy that C was able to take care of things for you and that your stay went well. Thank you for sharing your experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again Richard B. On behalf of our General Manager, C and our entire team, thank you again. Have a great rest of the summer!
Shah Alam, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

You might be caught paying higher price when you're going here for business trip. They failed to inform me that the room that I paid for more than usd189 was not breakfast included. In addition, front desk answer my phone call impatiently and it sounded like I did not deserve to be treated. Please do not look at me like I am not worth at all as a tourist.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear splee1504,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel and for being our guest. We appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry for any inconveniences or lack of service that you experienced. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments carefully to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience and stay. We do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

Thank you again splee1504.
Portland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent over a month here at the Double Tree on business. The rooms are nice. You have to request a refrigerator at a minimal price if you need one. The beds are extremely comfortable. Which is one of my biggest concerns when on the road for so long. The hotel is quite except perhaps on a weekend if a wedding is taking place. The bar and restaurant is nice with a very friendly staff. I plan on being back for another month next week.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Hello Donald T!

On behalf of the entire team, thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review! We really appreciate your feedback and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for being our guest.

We look forward to serving you again soon Donald T. Thank you so much for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont as your place to stay in the Bay Area! We'll see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Quiet, Mid-rang...
Mid-range, Pool...
BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn
Quiet, Mid-rang...
Chase Suite Hotel Newark

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont? Share your experiences!