“Good Value, Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   39900 Balentine Drive, Silicon Valley, Newark, CA 94560   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Family Fun Package
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Newark
Belen, United States
“Good Value, Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

For the longest time this hotel was the Hilton of Newark - I think the tallest building in the city. I have never stayed prior to this visit and I was satisfied in every way. I think it's a good value and location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Douglas R,

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review and thank you for being our guest! We are extremely happy to have served you for the first time and that you enjoyed your stay with us.. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you sometime soon again!

Thank you Douglas R! Have a great summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oakland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I checked in Friday evening after a very stressful week and was greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies. The room was clean and provided all the luxuries a couple could ask for with plush down bedding and cable tv. We had a balcony room that overlooked the pond with a waterfall and live ducks included. We stayed two nights and enjoyed breakfast every morning which exceeed our expectations with waffles, eggs, danishes, fresh fruit, sausage, bacon, eggs, roasted potatoes, cold or hot cerea, yogurt all in a buffet setting. Coffee, tea, orange,apple and guava juice. My husband and I were greeted with warm pleasntries and received table service. We took advantage of the warm day and enjoyed the swimming pool and jacuzzi. We definitely will come again for a quick getaway from the hectics of everyday life. Whenever we called the operator for assistance we received expedient service! Thank you for making our weekend a memorable one!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Good day Vicky L!

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! Our team is very happy to know that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed all of our accommodations. Thank you so much for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont as your weekend get-away destination! It was our pleasure to serve you.

Please come back sometime soon again Vicky L. Have a great summer!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The staff are always friendly yet professional and only want the best for there guests.......WE took over the bar lounge area after coming back from a reunion party and all were hungry. The staff were very quick and responsive to all of us...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Good day trish c c c!

Thank you very much for your review and for your wonderful compliments! It was our pleasure to serve you; thank you so much for being our guest!

We hope to serve you again soon trish c c c. Have a great summer!
San Jose, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed at the Double Tree in Freemont and my room was clean but the bathroom wasn't finished. There was duct tape on the handicap bar, which I needed and could not use. I also booked a ground floor room and received an upstairs room. I called and the girl said let me check to move me. She took so long that I called her back and said I will just stay in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Yvette R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry for the experience that you had here and the feelings that you left with. This matter will be followed up on immediately and corrected. Again, we are very sorry.

We do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future. Thank you again Yvette R. I hope you have a wonderful summer.
San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Booked this hotel online with the breakfast package while it was still Hilton on the "honors floor." We only stayed here for my sister's wedding due it it's proximity but the stay was overall unsatisfactory. Some take home points:
-The internet is still $9.99 per day which is a rip off. This is even though we were staying on the "honors floor" = doesn't mean much in my opinion. You only get free internet if you are at the gold honors level. We were level blue.
-The rooms themselves are not impressive. Bathrooms had stained tiles, were very small, and rooms were regularly furnished. There was NO MICROWAVE and NO FRIDGE. My family is middle class and we need these amenities. We had 7 rooms on the 6th floor and each one was shabby.
-The water went out for 2 hours on a Friday which was highly inconvenient. This was on the day of my sister's wedding which made it even worse. I expected free cookies for every guest at their door or a discount or something but nothing. Just a letter with no explanation given.
-We called housekeeping twice and they didn't come once. The second time they were unhelpful (an administrative staff came to the door to ask what was wrong but we just needed the room to be cleaned!)
-They do have helpful and genuine staff both at the front desk and the breakfast buffet in the morning.
-There was no fan in the bathrooms. Air conditioning didn't work in one of the rooms.
-Overall, a bad experience (our 2nd bad one with Doubletree). We won't stay at Doubletree again out of free will because the rooms were outrageously expensive with poor amenities. If you have a family like us, just stay at the closest residence inn instead.
P.S. I checked my e-mail 4 days late and the Doubletree survey they sent me after my stay had expired. I requested them to resend the survey so that I didn't have to make this review public but they failed to do so!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what floor you stay on- the "Executive Hilton Honors Floor" is a hoa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear asa1989,

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with our hotel. We are very sorry that the guestroom did not meet your expectations and for the water going out on the day of your sister’s wedding. The comfort of our guests is our highest priority and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We are reviewing your comments carefully to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience and stay here.

While we do not carry refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms, we do have them available for our guests upon request. This request can be made at anytime. Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you again asa1989. We hope you’ll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Kind Regards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Amazing Hotel, very clean, beautiful Lobby and incredible restaurant. Love the breakfast and the amazing waiters! Thanks Mr. Lupe for making our stay so wonderful! Very friendly workers! I will return again when I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hello pasimanf!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and very kind recognition for our staff! Our team is happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and all of our accommodations. We appreciate that fact that you took the time to share your kinds words; thank you for being our guest!

We look forward to serving you again. Have a great summer!
El Dorado Hills, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Before switching to DoubleTree this hotel had been aging poorly. The refresh has greatly improved the quality of these rooms. The staff was helpful and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. And the warm cookie is always nice!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonNF, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear David F,

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to know that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our cookie, as the now DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont! Also, thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff. We are extremely glad that they made you feel welcomed and took care of your needs.

Thank you for being our guest David F. Happy Summer!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont? Share your experiences!