“Customer sevice BAD.......” 2 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Newark
“Customer sevice BAD.......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Was horribleThe rooms need some attention, as far as maintenance and cleaning. The room we stayed in apparently had a room leak in the ceiling and whoever fixed it, well tried to fix it, they did a horrible job it probably looks worse now then it did when it was leaking. In room coffee maker didn't work, not enough outlets (like 2). The air conditioning was either super cold or super cold when we turned it down it got to warm in the room. The elevator was super slow. Last but not least the girl that checked us in was rude. We will not stay there again, just because of the quality for our money ($130.00 for one night ) and the customer service was horrible. Very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
MISSION HILLS, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Room 409 4/12/13,
We were going to Fremont for a Family Reunion, had several reservations. I confirmed requested room. Informed the front desk we'll arriving late.
Was re-assured all was set, and will be ready. , " No problem" given.
When we arrived, I was informed " No roll away bed available anymore"
I was upset, this is the reason why I called and confirmed this morning... and it is extra charge for it.
she stated then "I'm sorry about that, but we don't changed for it.
I told her, we must have a other bed.
She called her supervisor and then magically there was a roll a way after all.
When I pulled down the linens, I found TWO (2) rat poop -I have pictures!!!
I was sick to my stomach, I called front desk,
She gave us clean linen, took a picture too, and removed old ones.
I want to leave right there and then, but it was very late already.
My son didn't want to sleep in it; he didn't go under the covers.
Needless to said, I was glad we were leaving in the morning. there was a $50 charge for it too.
I will NEVER, EVER book another room with the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The worst comfort inn
Pool but no pool
TV's from 1996???
One ice machine on the 4th floor for the entire motel???
$100.00 a night???
Truly a black mark on the chain as I am a member of long standing...

• Stayed April 2013
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

economic hotels in united states are far better than thoes in europe in terms of size and facilities. the bed was comforable. there are many local restaurants around the hotel, you may find a range of asain restaurants within 10mins walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

was quiet and comfortable, no ice machine on the 3rd floor, I guess the hotel was a holiday inn before, and they are still cleaning it up, my room seems like it used to be the managers #300 , there were too many storage closets in there and too many mirrors, I would have liked for it to be a lot cleaner, and the phone would not call out, i could only call the front desk. and there was a loose dog running around in the parking lot, and it kept coming up to my dogs and barking and it was a little scary, when i told the front desk about it they did nothing, and once i got to my room it was outside barking at someone else at 12 midnight and woke me up. the next morning i again told the man at the front desk and he seemed to not care either. all and all i guess it was okay, the staff could be a little nicer

Room Tip: the a/c was very loud, and the room was very hot, i had to open all the windows and turn on both a/c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was working in the Mountain View area, and all of the local hotels were full. I had to choose this property on the other side of the bay. Just egh. It was hard to find the driveway - they only had a little sign on the road. Check-in was not painful. The hotel looked tired. The hallways were exceptionally large - much wider than a typical hotel. When I went into my room on the 4th floor, it felt like no one had stayed in it for weeks. Room had a "not-used" smell. When I turned on the heater, it was obviously the first time it had been run this year. (burned dust smell). Overall, it was just a place to stay. I wouldn't choose it again.

Room Tip: My room on 4th floor was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GRANTS PASS,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was a suite. It did not have any plates or glasses or silverware. Cooking would have been very difficult. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was ok for a hot breakfast, but nothing special. The worst part was they were painting the exterior and did not ask us to move our car while they were doing it. Our beautiful red car ended up with lots of gold paint splattered all over it. We told them about it, but all they said was "Sorry". No offer to help us clean it. It took my husband several hours to get the majority of the spots off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Newark? Share your experiences!