“Disappointed!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Newark
treesh07
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The pictures are deceiving! This hotel is worn and dirty. We chose it for the full size kitchen. The rooms are small and although there are two closets, there are not enough hangers. The kitchen was dirty. There was a butter knife on top of the refrigerator. The microwave was dirty. There were dirty dishes (ie rice stuck to them) and dirty utensils put away in the drawers. The curtains are really stained, the furniture has some kind of dried liquid splashes and the carpet is gross. The kitchen table was not clean either. Blech. There is mold on a vent that is in the shower. The elevator is disgusting also. There are scratch marks all over the panel and gaffiti as well. What a shame!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night because I couldn't get a decent hotel in the Silicon Valley (the other side of the Bay). The hotel location is good (off 84 and close the 880). The lobby is the standard Residence Inn. The room is the decent size, but the furnitures are old, worn out. Compared to the Residence Inn in Sunnyvale I really like, this one isn't updated. My room faced the back of the hotel (not the freeway), I slept well and the freeway noise wasn't a problem. The breakfast is decent and there is a small gym. But if you need to go to the other side of the Bay, you can either pay the toll for the bridge or you drive 10 more miles by going through 237 to avoid the toll fee. You need to leave the hotel early (before 7:30 to avoid the traffic). The staff was friendly. Because I couldn't get two nights in this hotel, I reserved Courtyard by Marriott at the next door. the front desk staff offered to extend one more night. But after I stayed one night, I prefer to try out the Courtyard at the next door. My review of that hotel is coming.

Room Tip: if you need to go to the other side of the Bay and don't want to pay the toll for the bridge, yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Granite Bay, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed overnight in this Residence Inn because it was close to a Winterguard competition we were attending. The hotel is nice, the rooms were adequately appointed. The furniture and the bathrooms could use some updating. The couch appeared to have seen its days, the wood furniture was scuffed and scratched, and I would hope that they will be replaced soon. Other RI that I have stayed at within the surrounding 50 miles are better appointed with more dishes, glasses and silverware. The breakfast was about as bad as I have had; again I don't think it represented the Residence Inn brand well. Staff was nice, helpful and courteous. Would I stay here again? Probably I'd travel to another RI but this one was very convenient for our needs.

Room Tip: Others have had a problem with noise from the Dumbarton Bridge, but I could not hear it at all on th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David K, General Manager at Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you very much for choosing Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley during your recent trip to the area. We greatly appreciate your business.
I am pleased to confirm that this hotel will be undergoing a complete rooms renovation later this year. We look forward to your return to see our updated hotel.
I regret to hear you were disappointed with our breakfast. We pride ourselves on meeting or exceeding the Residence Inn standards at all time for our breakfast offerings. If you would contact me directly I would truly appreciate any specific feedback you have. My direct line is 510-505-6001.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Residence Inn is my favorite Marriott brand hotel. I like the suites, the service, the free internet, breakfast, and parking that accompanies most of them, and the home-like atmosphere. I went here on an award stay for pleasure to see a performance in downtown San Francisco, and enjoyed my time here. Check-in and check-out was speedy, parking was very easily accessible, and my room was on the first floor right next to a secondary entrance (keycard controlled door), which made getting to and from my room effortless. It was quiet, but plenty of stores nearby if needed. Definitely a car-accessible hotel; don't plan on relying even partly on public transit.
I only stayed one night, but it was a lovely one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
The Villages, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We came to he area for the weekend & stayed because he property is near family. Rooms are spacious, great complimtary breakfast, near grocery store & restaurants (within walking dstane.) Only wish the weather was warm so we could have enjoyed the lovely pool & outdoor space.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on th "quiet" sde so you aren't facing the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Residence Inn is the perfect place to stay. Rooms are good and spacious. Its a good option when you have extended stay. You also have good breakfast in the hotel and its complimentary. The best part is you have lots of restaurants in walking distance from this hotel. You also get shuttle service to near by areas, but you need to inform the help desk early. Its a nice place to stay if you are with family and want to cook.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We love staying at this Residence Inn! We have family close by but we love the facilities and the location! Free breakfast is an added bonus! Both kids (ages 7 and 2) had a blast! We only stayed the weekend but would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!