“Great location, newly updated rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Newark
California
“Great location, newly updated rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

All rooms have been recently updated and very clean. Large flatscreen tvs and comfy beds.
This Courtyard has the Bistro in lobby. Excellent breakfast and service.
WIFI in lobby is good. Front desk is attentive and helpful. Not the cheapest Courtyard (rates) but for the location, there isn't many other options.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of building have less road noise.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here during a business trip. It is a clean hotel with modern design and staff was nice as well. However, the hotel could do a better job to make techy travelers happier like me. My colleague came to the hotel and waited me in the lobby. He told me that the free wifi for the lobby did not work, and even though there are so many power outlets in the lobby, but they did not work either! I suggest the hotel consider Foli app which I used at another hotel to read digital magazines for free. It is really cool and green. This hotel is a decent choice for business trips.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015 via mobile

So we were going to meet up with friends in Fremont that we picked this Courtyard by Marriott.
I didn't know what to expect thinking it was just off the Dumbarton Bridge Exit.
The Courtyard is in a great location. Plenty of parking.
Upon check-in we were given a Welcome Bag. It's for Marriott Rewards Guest. In it was a bottle of water and snacks.
The rooms were large very clean and quiet.
There is a cafe and bar on property with lots of places to eat close by.

I would stay here whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2015
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

Curently still at the hotel but by far everything is very nice the front desk people were very nice at check in , got a nice room on the 4th floor very quiet and spacious. The lobby is amazing and spacious as well with a starbucks coffee in the lobby which makes it even better than having to drive for morning coffee... You most definitely get your moneys worth here.

• Stayed February 2015
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

I was supposed to stay at the Residence Inn next door but was put here instead. It was a very nice recently renovated Courtyard so I was not upset in the least. The service was fantastic and the food in the Bistro was great. My room had everyting I expected but the bathroom still had the old tile and sorround which I thought was weird. It is in a very nice location to shops and restaurants and they are all walkable. I would not hesistate to return to this hotel when I am in the area again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Lajolla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

As I pulled up to this Courtyard, I realized I had been here before... and it was not a good experience as I recall.

This time, the experience was better, but could use some work.

Good things: Near Marriott Courtyard quality. A selection of restaurants in walking distance. But, wait, this is California so you have to walk down streets and dodge traffic in driveways to get to the local Chipotle's for example. Hold on to your kids tightly as you walk. You might lose them. And really, are you going to drive 1 minute to a restaurant. You walk right? Who designed this place.

Starbucks on site. Get a booth and enjoy your own private TV (only two booths available by my count)

What needs work: Booked the room and breakfast special. Upon check-in the desk agent argued with me and said "breakfast is not included." when I insisted, she said, oh, yeh.

I get breakfast the next day and guess what? I get charged for it. Staff is not paying attention.

I got in late the first night and asked about places to eat. I got a list of places on a nice map (no scale to tell me the walking distance) and the agent neglected to tell me that just about everyplace except for the Safeway across the street was closed. Well, I got a nice walk.

Well trained staff would pay attention to detail. This is a Marriott Courtyard and Marriott prices not a hotel-six. The staff is supposed to be paying attention. Sadly, that was not my experience.

Oh, terrible noise in the morning. The hotel is undergoing renovation/ maintenance. Luckily I did not have to spend time at the hotel.

Would be nice if they acknowledged the noise and closed off the areas where they were doing maintenance/renovation.

Finally, for location: you could get much closer to Silicon Valley. If you need to do business in San Jose, expect a little commute. I don't see how this would be convenient to San Francisco.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015 via mobile

We a party of three stayed at this hotel for our new year eve. Pros
- easy access from the freeway ( too close to the freeway you can easy miss the turn into the hotel). However, freeway noise was not a problem at all
- the hotel is very modern , decor, paintings in the room. Very clean and updated .
- the price we paid for a room with two queen beds , was a steal for new year eve
Cons
- there was no complimentary water in the room. For an upscale hotel it should have a bottle of water in the room even for a fee.

Overall, I will stay here next time . I am in the Bay Area

• Stayed December 2014

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Newark Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!