“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Newark
Elkhorn, Nebraska
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very pleased with the stay - quick, friendly service, clean lobby, hot meals for breakfast and dinner. Couldn't get my internet connection working but not a big deal. Comfortable rooms (I've always enjoyed Homewood Suites). Area surrounding isn't great, but I went for a run and felt safe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Media, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Overall I was pleased with my stay. The room was very nice. However, I was disappointed when the front desk clerk announced my room number out loud twice. For the safety and security of guests, a front desk clerk should NEVER say a room number out loud.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is very nice. Rooms are very spacious, nice and clean. The staff is nice. In the lobby they have complimentary newspapers (three different papers). The breakfast is good.

My only complaint is that the whole time I was there housekeeping never cleaned the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I booked this hotel for 3 weeks but had to leave after 3 nights because of their "High" speed wireless Internet which cannot be qualified as high speed and wondering if this kind of hotel is ashamed or not to propose a such bad service. In 2013, I would be ashamed...

Their internet is provided by ATT and they only provide wireless access. Their maximum speed in download is 2Mbps (250 kb/s) and 1Mbps for upload (125 kb/s). But what they are not telling is that this speed is shared among users. They asked me to call ATT to solve my issue. This is not acceptable to let the customer talk to the service provider. They should have technicians for that. Anyway, I had this discussion with ATT and their technician confirmed that there is no way to be sure that the Internet will work with your applications such as Skype or Facetime as the speed can dramatically drop down when many users are using the service.

As I am working from the room and connected to my company thru the Internet connection, I was not able to say anymore.

I was staying in a 1 bedroom room. I do not have any bad comment about the room because it is really nice. They have 2 LCDs, one in each room and you can plug your laptop with VGA or HDMI connection. The kitchen is great to have and the fridge is a full size with already prepared ice cubes for your stay.

The complimentary breakfast is crowded during week-ends so you will not have any place to sit. During week days, you will appreciate the hot breakfast which I will considerate as good but not excellent. I have had better complimentary breakfasts in different hotels in the Bay area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
newarkgm727, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us; your comments are appreciated. I apologize that the internet access was of concern. We have contacted our internet provider to troubleshoot any problems, in order to offer better service in the future. If you plan to travel to the area again in the future, please consider giving us a second chance.
Fortuna, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed in the two bedroom suite. Was cheaper than renting two rooms at other hotels. The rooms were very roomy. The full kitchen with dishwasher was wonderful. We had six people staying in the room. It was nice that when everyone was ready to retire for the evening that we had doors to shut. One couple slept on the pull out sofa. The mattress could have been better but that was the only downside to our experience. The staff was extremely helpful. We will definitely consider Homewood Suites are our next trips.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Oak Hill, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'm a single mom with a teenage son. We stayed at this terrific Homewood Suites in Newark during my son's first ever trip to California and it was an awesome home away from home--free wifi, great flat screen TV, foldout bed/couch, comfy full-size bed and a great little kitchen. We loved the complimentary breakfast and lite dinners at night. We couldn't have been happier! Drove into San Francisco and another day to Alameda. We'll definitely stay there again some day!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was my first stay with Hilton Group. Overall I am impressed with this property. It looks renovated. The room was very clean, and the staff was friendly. I wish the kitchen had more cooking utensils, and bed was OK, but overall it is a great place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont? Share your experiences!