“Very nice stay and clean...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Silicon Valley

Save Saved
You added Aloft Silicon Valley to your Saves list
Aloft Silicon Valley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8200 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560 (Formerly W Silicon Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Newark
San Francisco, California
“Very nice stay and clean...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

It's my first time staying at this hotel. Love it. Very clean and modern design. Free parking and wi-fi. Can't beat that. And I usually like my room a bit on the cool side and the AC didn't disappoint me. I actually have to turn it up a little cause it's way too cold. Haha...I will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. On your next visit, spend a relaxing time poolside or hang out in Bar WXYZ for a refreshing cocktail.

See you soon,

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel itself is fine, the room was large, and the staff was very friendly. And, I greatly appreciate that they were able to accommodate my early check-in. Unfortunately, the faucet dripped loudly, the shower was not clean (there were several obvious hairs of varying color and sizes so not sure when it was last thoroughly cleaned) and my window looked out onto the roof. I was not there for the view, so I don't mind that it wasn't the best, but I felt unsafe as anyone walking on the roof would be able to walk directly up to my window, so kept the curtains closed the entire time. If they cleaned properly I would probably stay again as it was easy to access for meetings in the Palo Alto/San Jose area, but I won't give repeat business to a hotel that doesn't properly clean in between guests.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor to avoid the roof issue.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We take the cleanliness of our hotel very seriously. If you find any part of your room not to your satisfaction, please let us know and we will quickly take care of it. If there is going to be any roof maintenance, we will always let our guests know. At no point to do we just allow people to walk on our roof. Our location and spacious rooms make us the perfect choice for business travel. I hope we can welcome you back soon for a difference experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed three nights on a business trip. Very nice hotel with a sleek and modern room --- actually a spacious studio with sofa, kitchenette, modern bathroom with separate shower. Million dollar view of the wetlands, bay, and mountains. Didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting.

The only damper was that the hotel charged us for the 15.00 continental breakfast that was included in the rate as per web site, reservation confirmation email, and record under Starwood guest number. It took several calls and emails to finally get credit for the breakfasts. No apologies were offered. Just a smirky email along the lines, I checked your reservation. No breakfast is included. Show us the confirmation, and I'll credit you the 3 breakfasts. All along the rate on the web site still included breakfast, but then mysteriously disappeared. Oh, and Starwood points also were not automatically deposited.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi there,

We apologize for the confusion. We always ensure our guests receive the best possible service and are well known for delivering on that. We would love to invite you back for a different experience. We have brought your feedback to the appropriate individuals for training so that this doesn't happen again.

Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business and it was lovely. The staff and the room were top notch. Upon arrival, I was told that the restaurant just closed. However they made a wonderful sandwich nonetheless. The rooms are very clean. It is important for anyone staying at this hotel to know that you will need a rental car. There isn't a lot of shops and such within walking distance. Also, if you are a runner, you will love the cool mornings and jogging in the area. BTW, Uber is available.

• Stayed June 2014
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hello,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! While we aren't close to many shops, we are in a great location to access many corporations in the area. The wildlife preserve is great for running, walking or hiking. We even have a few tools available for you to take full advantage of observing the surrounding wildlife.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Great check in. Needed two beds and was given a two king bed room at no additional charge. I was offered a late checkout, most other places I have to ask. Very nice, clean and spacious rooms. I will consider Aloft on my next trip.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello,

We would love to see you again. We are always glad to honor any requests if they are available. If you need anything during your stay, don't hesitate to ask.

Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed in this hotel when it was a "W" hotel, and it was in need of some work. We used to joke and call it the "V" hotel (Half of a "W").

The hotel was shut down for 3 months and underwent a 'remodel'. I was excited to go back and see what had been done to change it. Lipstick is the best way to describe it. Now keep in mind this is a CLEAN, NICE hotel and now that it has the "Aloft" brand, it's a great value!!!

They basically 'ligthened' the hotel up from the normal dark "W" standards. The rooms got new desks, entry way wood floors, and a fresh coat of paint. Otherwise, they are the same rooms that you used to pay "W" money for at an "Aloft" rate.

I stay here quite often when travelling for work and think the staff is great! I've never had any issues and never have any reservations about staying here!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
LOS ANGELES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was our first time staying in an Aloft property. We love the "boutiquey" feel of the hotel, very nice, very modern touch. Truly a vision of the W Hotel , which we also happen to love. The front desk was very convenient and the staff super helpful. We came in pretty late from driving from LA and yet they were able to grant our request of double beds for the kids' room and close proximity to ours. We got a pretty quiet room and much larger than we expected. It seemed bigger than the usual mini suites with a mini kitchenette and a good size fridge and a microwave. The bed was amazing, the bathroom was very comfortable, oh and we love the Bliss bath products in the shower, this reminds me of the bath products in the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills.

We had a nice stay and would definitely consider staying here again and other Aloft locations.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Aloft Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!