“Constantly Impressed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Silicon Valley

You added Aloft Silicon Valley to your Saves list
Aloft Silicon Valley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8200 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560 (Formerly W Silicon Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Newark
San Jose, California
“Constantly Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My wife, 5 yr old, and I thought we'd do a mini excursion outside of the South Bay, so we headed up to Aloft Silicon Valley for a weekend getaway. I used to stay there because the price is always competitive, but now we stay because the accommodations (especially for the price) can not be matched. They have a little package called "Aloft Camp for Kids" which we especially enjoy. A small air mattress and a goodie bag with games for me and my son. The simple joys like the awesome pool, modern design elements, and great staff keep us going back again and again. I guess my favorite part about it all is that it's not over the top.

Before we became parents, we loved staying at the W, but my recent stay at the W San Diego made me realize I'm at a different stage in my life. With Aloft, I can still appreciate modern amenities and design, while making sure my wife and little guy have what they need to. Our stay was so great there, I plan on looking for places to visit where I can find an Aloft in close vicinity. Thanks Again Aloft for our great stay.

Room Tip: My wife appreciates the suite with more space, but I thought the standard room on the 1st floor was...
Green Features: We appreciated the recycle bin within the room. Also the five dollar credit to reuse the linen's is great.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us! I am so glad to hear your entire family enjoys staying here! If you need anything at all leading up to your next stay, please reach out. We'd be glad to help make your stay as comfortable as possible. This Aloft is a little different than others in the sheer size of our rooms and the full service dining option. I hope to see you all back soon!

Alexa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed here for 3 days on a short trip to the area. This place used to be a W Hotel. Hotel is pretty large but it is not a full-service hotel. No bell staff but there are airport style luggage carts for guests. Room service slim choices. Soup arrived cold. Food not of particularly good quality/well prepared. Food service stops at a certain time (Before 10p) but they seemed to wrap it up early one night. Also a bit overpriced. Fast Food is only other choice in the area. There is also a small snack fridge at the front desk. All staff encountered were really friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and well maintained. Although the bathroom is a bit dated and the stainless sinks are really awkward. All said, a solid clean hotel, great value for the price paid.

Room Tip: No real views or noise so all room choices seem equal.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a select service hotel meaning we don't offer the same amenities as some other hotels. Our talent is always glad to help you with any requests. If you need a few recommendations on dining options nearby, please let us know. We'd be happy to recommend something other than fast food.

See you soon,
Alexa
Tiburon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I booked this hotel, knowing full well that it used to be the 'W' but is now the 'Aloft'. I've been to a few different W's in different cities, and have been impressed with them for the most part. However, I LOVED my stay here at the aloft. I was with my mum for my sister in laws baby shower in Fremont and since we live in Marin, it was easier to stay the night before closer to the shower. I'm so glad we picked this hotel. I am in the hotel business myself, so I find it second nature to 'nit pick' but everyone from the moment we checked in to we left was extremely nice and professional. We had dinner and some drinks at the bar; which for a Friday wasn't over crowded so it was nice to eat and drink but still hear ourselves think/talk. We were fortunate enough to have the wonderful Miguel serve us at the bar, who is by far one of the most polite, honest and enjoyable barman I've ever had the pleasure to converse with. He was super attentive and also very friendly but genuine too. Not to mention he manages to put up with people getting drunk and chatting his ear off about all kinds of stuff, yet no matter what, stays polite and always says goodnight with a genuine invite back whenever the guest will be back in town. Perhaps it's because I am in the hospitality business, but these little things are very important and make huge impressions on the customers you're serving. There was a lady at the bar too, I didn't get her name (my apologies) but she was very professional too and was kept on her toes working with a larger group of people at a birthday table.
The room was well priced for the size and amenities, it was spotless and I loved the 'Bliss' soaps they use. I wish I could've enjoyed it for more than one night. But if I'm staying over in the Easy Bay again, Aloft has my reservation for sure. Everything and everyone were fantastic. The food at the bar, the staff, the room and my only complaint is that we couldn't stay an extra night. Thank you to everyone at the Aloft in Newark Silicon Valley. Although I didn't get all your names, you were ALL very helpful and welcoming. You made our stay a wonderful one and we will be back. I can't help give out an extra shout out to Mr Miguel, for putting up with me and my mum after quite a 'few' drinks :) We crazy Scots women sometimes don't realise how annoying we can get after too much scotch. Haha. Thanks to everyone for a great stay.
Gail & Josephine :)

Stayed April 2014
Hi!

We did used to be a W Hotel, but recently changed to an Aloft. Our redesign allowed us to be one of the most spacious Aloft Hotels.I'm glad to hear you had the pleasure of meeting Miguel in the bar. His personalized service makes every visit a special one. I look forward to sharing your compliments with everyone.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed Ina least a dozen Aloft hotels, and they can be a bit stiff and plastic, though clean and modern. The Silicon Valley one, however is the least plastic, though more clean and modern - what other Alofts should be.

The rooms are huge, the dining area is larger and more comfortable, & the pool area cool and upscale.

But the rooms and bathrooms really make the difference. It feels like an upscale W, EVEN BETTER THAN SOME.

The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Location eh, but the property is worth the drive at its decent prices.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello!

Thank you for your loyalty to Aloft Hotels. I'm glad to hear we are your favorite out of all those you've visited. Our all suite property offers ample space for you to make yourself at home. On your next visit, stop by W XYZ Bar for a handcrafted cocktail.

We'll see you soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

The hotel is really well situated if you want to be close to the peninsula and also the east bay, this was the main attraction to me. Interior decor is modern and up-to-date, slightly crazy stock ticker in the lobby sets some kind of ambience but not entirely sure what. Rooms contain kitchens, but no crockery or cutlery so I think these a bit of a half thought out add-on, obligatory coffee maker functions fine however. A major omission is that the hotel doesn't seem to have a same-day laundry service, instead I was pointed to self-service laundry facilities which sometimes are great but simply something I didn't have time for this trip. I'd expect better at the price.

Overall, I would stay here again, but 100% because of the location which was ideal for the different areas I needed to get to.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm afraid there must be some confusion as we don't offer a self-laundry service at our hotel. We would be happy to find you a dry cleaner nearby however. All of our suites do feature a kitchenette to fulfill your basic needs. If you need anything at all, just ask. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

All the best,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed one night in March 2014. Great hotel. Nice, clean, and large room. The fitness room was great. The pool super nice. A bit noisy in the lobby with loud music, otherwise great and would return again.

• Stayed March 2014
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hi there!

Thanks for staying with us! We are a great hotel in Silicon Valley and take pride in the service we provide our guests. If you ever have any issues please reach out to us. We will do everything we can to make your stay more comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Alexa W,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at the hotel from March 2 - 11. Beatuful facility and big room with king-sized bed, living area, and kitchenette. Great staff that aimed to please. Supermarket and restaurants 1 mile away. Great preserve across the street for running or walking.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi Robert!

We are perfect for extended stays because of our spacious rooms. The kitchenette is great for storing quick food items. If you're looking for something a more substantial, head downstairs and have dinner with us or grab a cocktail and some light bites.

See you soon,
Alexa W.

Been to Aloft Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!