The facility here is fine. This is clearly a building that Aloft bought and converted. The outside looks like a Marriot, which threw me off, but inside you can see the traditional Aloft splash of color, shades of grey, contemporary furniture, etc.
I stayed in one of the larger suites and it was nice. It had a full-size fridge, a small microwave, food storage, living room sitting area, and a king bed. The suite isn’t set up with a separate bedroom space divided by a wall. Instead, there is a larger dresser that splits the (rather large) main room in half, and a swivel TV that can face the bed on one side, or the couch and sitting area on the other side. It also had a sizeable desk area that allowed plenty of space to get my work done. I was traveling for work and needed a lot of desk space at night as I prepared for the next day, and I appreciated the layout. It’s very functional and great for business travelers.
I did not, however, appreciate their service. For the most part, it was standard Aloft—friendly, young, helpful. But this is a service industry and when things go wrong, I expect the team to react appropriately. As a frequent traveler, I’ve experienced some great service and some poor service. Places that go above-and-beyond always earn my repeat business. Aloft fell short.
Aloft missed 2 opportunities to provide great service. First, one of the rooms I booked (I booked 2 in total) didn’t have a working heater. It was chilly during my stay and a broken heater wasn’t acceptable. They tried to fix it, but with no luck. Their “fix” was to provide extra blankets for the room. No good. Even if there were no other rooms available that evening, get a space heater! If the hotel doesn’t have one, we were up the street from several stores that were open and sold them. They could have sent someone to buy one.
The second “miss” was when I left my bag at Stanford and drove all the way back to the hotel before realizing my mistake. I had no money, no wallet, no ID, nothing. I’ll ignore the fact that the bag and its contents were worth thousands of dollars and focus only on their shortcoming—I asked for help and was provided none. The bridge next to the hotel was the only route I knew to get back to Stanford so I could look for my bag, but that required a toll. I had no money for the toll, and knew of no other routes, so I asked the front desk for help. Could they charge my room $15 and give me cash to get across the bridge? Could they find a number for Stanford security? Could they help me figure out another way to get to campus that didn’t require a toll since I had no means of paying it? The answer was a cold “no” on all fronts. Although leaving the bag was clearly my mistake, they made no effort in helping me remedy my problem. They were not willing to do ANYTHING other than call me a cab (even thought I told them I may not ever recover my bag and thus, have no way to pay for the taxi). The lady at the front desk didn’t make any attempt to help. Instead, another hotel guest offered to help me as he overheard me struggling with the attendant at the desk. He helped me find a route back to campus that didn’t require tolls and let me use his laptop so I could find a number for Stanford security. In the end, my bag was recovered, and my opinion of Aloft was changed for the negative.
- Also Known As:
- w Silicon Valley - Newark Hotel
- w Silicon Valley - Newark Hotel Newark
- w Silicon Valley
- w Hotel Newark
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate your style at Aloft Silicon Valley, a hip hotel where youll be steps away from major tech corporations. We offer easy-breezy access to natural wonders and wine country, and each of the areas international airports is about a half-hour away. Rise and shine in our bright and modern Aloft rooms, featuring plush platform beds, walk-in showers, custom amenities by Bliss® Spa and more. Recharge all your gadgets with the plug & play docking station, which also links your laptop or tunes to the 42 LCD TV. Meet and mingle at our w xyz(SM) bar, grab a snack at the 24/7 re:fuel by Aloft(SM) gourmet pantry, or work and play at our re:mix(SM) lounge. Plenty of perks include fast + free hotel-wide Wi-Fi, our always-open re:charge(SM) gym, reviving splash pool, and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Aloft Silicon Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.