“Perfect location and worth the value” 4 of 5 stars

E-Z 8 Motel Newark/Fremont
5555 Cedar Ct, Newark, CA 94560   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Newark
Pune, India
“Perfect location and worth the value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Suitable hotel if planning on heading towards LA or LV the next day. It is right on the road and there is a tasty Indian restaurant about a 1/2 mile away. The room I stayed in was a little old but functional. There were unnecessary closets which out of curiosity (and a little fear!) I opened to
check what is inside. (all OK). Clean toilets and cosy bed. Surroundings are clean and neighborhood seems peaceful. But could do with free WiFi which is currently on chargeable basis. Would recommend for family stay too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Couples
Business
Glendale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Pretty fast & simple explanation. Front desk clerk named Jeff was a bit rude. The people staying there seemed unhappy. It's in a terrible location. My room was a non-smoking room that smells like cigarettes, had filthy stains & carpet burns, the TV didn't work properly, the bathroom was not clean, the toilet still had some poop stains that were missed & was the shower was filthy too. Before I almost sat on the bed, I discovered bed bugs on it! Room 117 was where it's at! I'm glad I checked-out immediately & stayed at a cousin's place in Vallejo, CA. I didn't care about the charges to my credit card, I just wanted to get out of that nasty place pronto! It's not worth the price I was charged, under $60 per night. I would never, ever recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013
Redlands, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to Fremont to visit family. When I told them that we were staying at the EZ-8 motel they got wide eyed and concerned. Many of the residents living there are on government housing vouchers. My brother in law has personally paid to have homeless people put up in this hotel. Two weeks ago a murder suspect was picked up there. The police make frequent trips through the parking lot. I was told that on slow nights the police will go through the guest registry and then pick up people with warrants. With that said, we did not have any problems with people. The staff was just fine and helpful. The place was surprisingly quiet at night. We were in a non-smoking room (as were all the rooms around us) which just means that people stand outside their doors to smoke. If you have issues with being around smokers you do not want to be at this hotel. The bathtub and AC were a mess (see pictures). The carpet, although vacuumed, was dirty. My kids ended up with black feet after walking around on it. We all started wearing sox inside the room. I left notes (and tips) for housekeeping and I always got what I wanted (extra towels and vacuuming). We ended up staying there for a few nights and then moved into our relative's house for the remainder of the trip. With that said..... the place is incredibly inexpensive. It is pretty crummy but it is cheap. Life is full of trade offs. If it was just me, without my family, I would stay here again. But I will not be back here with my wife and kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was the cheapest place I could find within driving distance of SF airport where I had an afternoon flight ( it took me an hour to get to the airport in rush hour traffic) the room was basic but clean. The staff was helpful.

There seemed to be a lot of families living in the hotel who had lots of children and also I did see a couple of junkies living there but even they were polite and left us alone.

I would recommend this place if you don't expect too much and you maintain some level of caution. I had no problems whatsoever.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Adaquately clean & quiet. OK clerks.
Grounds a bit tacky; lots of "lower lives" here but OK: no problems with anyone.
I have stayed here 1-2 DOZEN times. Yes, worth coming back.
Just have minimal expectations.
I like the fridge!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to E-Z 8 Motel Newark/Fremont? Share your experiences!