We had not planned any overnight stay in Nevada City but when we saw how charming this little town is, we decided to look for a place to sleep and went to ask at the Tourist Office. So it was thanks to them how we found the Outside Inn where there still was an available room: Room 3 1/2 (three and a half), a very funny number for a room, isn't it? This was certainly a good start which became even a better story because the room was tastefully decorated. It is true that it is a small room (that explains why it is number 3 1/2 and why it is only equipped with 2 single but comfortable beds, a hanging flat TV, a small radio set, a small fridge, a small desk and a chair) but it was more than enough for the two of us and our luggage. Moreover the existing furniture allows you in the end to find space for everything, so the size of the room was not a problem at all. And both the room and the ensuite bathroom were spotless.
In regards to the location, this is a quiet and safe area and which is not far from downtown. Actually we left our car in front of our room and just walked to the center.
The only thing that was not as good as in other places is that the price (we paid 87$) didn't include any breakfast. Nevertheless we were satisfied and we even felt somehow special for having slept in a room with such a funny number.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated 1930's era motor court inn with unique themed rooms, located in a quiet residential neighborhood just two blocks from downtown Nevada City. Wireless DSL, Cable, Summer Pool, BBQs, and Outdoor Fire Pit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Outside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outside Hotel Nevada City
- Outside Motel Nevada City