“Great Hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Outside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Outside Inn
You added Outside Inn to your Saves list
575 E. Broad St, Nevada City, CA 95959   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Nevada City
“Great Hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Outside Inn should be proud. We had a great stay here. Much to see, great service, and rooms with great themes.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

this place was redone and we could not be happier for a choice to stay,
makes us want to come back soon
wish we could have stayed longer
The grounds
The pool
All so perfect and the beds so comfy,,,

Room Tip: We stayed in wildflower room number one and it was quiet and you can park so close, This is a corner...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This old and lovingly restored roadside inn is carefully appointed with delightful touches. There's a sweet water feature in the central roundabout, and an embanked natural creek behind my room (the "Angler" room) that lend the piney mountain surroundings a lavish and mollifying tune. My walls are cedar-paneled and omni-cute. The décor deftly avoids the Holly-Hobbie pitfalls to which so many similar charming inns fall victim.

Good coffee in-room, superlative location in the olde towne, stunningly reasonable rates, and cheerful staff make this mountain lodging happy, memorable and trouble-free.

• Stayed June 2012
La Jolla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I admit that it took me the 1st 24 hours to unwind from my urban way of life, but once I did, The Outside Inn scooped me up and was so cozy. I actually liked that it was a few blocks walk from the center of town. I LOVED that it had a pool since we were traveling during a heat wave. There was a surprise little hammock near a stream that my kids just loved and we utilized the picnic benches in the center of the grassy area one night to have wine, pizza and salad (Pete's Pizza - a little under cooked for our liking). We had 2 rooms - The Woodland Room and The Historical Room. I'd opt to stay in the Woodland Room again since it was brighter and cheerier than the Historical Room. It was a nice 2-night stay for me and my family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Nevada City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Whenever we have visiting friends, The Outside Inn is always our first recommendation. The location can't be beat, the owners are incredibly nice and helpful, rooms are clean and the grounds are beautiful! Our daughter opted to stay there rather than home when she came to visit because it was so quiet. The owner even lets our CSA use their shed for pick-up!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Auburn, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I love the quaint feel of this place. I stayed in the "Winter Room" which was decorated with antique ski poles and snowflakes painted on the walls. Each room is uniquely decorated and they still retain the quirky charm from when the buildings were part of a motor lodge, possibly in the 1940's? My room was clean and the service was outstanding. I had a kichenette and a back door that opened up to a gravel pathway next to a small creek. I enjoy so many things about Nevada City. Staying at the Outside Inn is one of them. It's at the top of Broad Street, walking distance of several restaurants and many shops.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here a couple months ago...The price was amazing for what we got. The room was spotless and charming! The staff couldn't be more friendlier. I would defiantly recommend staying here and I know we will again. It was perfect...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Outside Inn? Share your experiences!