“Charming and Relaxing--a great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Madison House B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nevada City
The Madison House B & B
You added The Madison House B & B to your Saves list
427 Broad Street, Nevada City, CA 95959 (Formerly Parsonage B&B)   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Nevada City B&B and Inns
Rio Linda, California, United States
“Charming and Relaxing--a great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary at The Parsonage and plan on coming back for many more adventures in Nevada City!
We booked the private and quaint "Miner's Cabin" and loved it--tiny, but terrific. The overall vibe is wonderful at this B&B. You have to experience it first-hand.
Three cheers goes to Abagail for being the best host in the world! She also cooks a wonderful breakfast: fritatta, hot scones, fresh fruit in wine glasses, fresh squeezed OJ--too good). It was wonderful to enjoy breakfast in the formal dining room too. It was like stepping back in time (for all of you Dowton Abby folks--this would suit you to a "Tee")

Room Tip: The "Miner's Cabin" is rustic and private. Just what we wanted. However, the other roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

ANOTHER AMAZING stay at The Parsonage House! The Victoria Room is my new favorite... and although it is my most joyous place to stay in Northern Cal, the owners Susan and Chuck win your heart! And then there is Abigail, who runs this lovely Victorian in the heart of town, sweeps away all stress and worry and seems to attract the most interesting people who each time, I discover new (seemingly old) friends. them all!
Thank you, thank you once again!

Room Tip: My new favorite is the Victorian Room --beautiful, quiet, wonderful sleep, very grateful!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sonoma County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We just returned from our 3rd visit to The Parsonage in Nevada City....and as always, it was wonderful and relaxing! Susan and Chuck do a great job making you at home in their beautiful Bed and Breakfast that is right on Broad street. We stayed in the Victorian Room this time, a comfy, quite room at the back of the house. Susan prepared a delicious breakfast in the morning with farm fresh ingredients from their own farm! Yummy!

We would highly recommend The Parsonage!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Visiting Nevada City is like walking into old-time gold country with the modern conveniences of an urban destination. Filled with great restaurants, nice shops and.... The Parsonage B&B. This is my fourth stay in 3 years and it consistently meets my expectations. Nice rooms, comfy beds, excellent food, and a welcoming vibe from the owners and inn keeper. I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our 3 night stay at the Parsonage was perfect. Abigail the innkeeper was a caring and gracious host. Coming back to the inn each evening was like coming home to "mom" and we looked forward to chatting with her about our adventures. The Gold room was beautiful and the bed one of the most comfortable we have had at a hotel. Over all we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Gold Country!

• Stayed July 2013
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had the fortune to book the "Miner's Cabin" at the Parsonage. I was so pleased when I walked into my little hideaway behind the main house. It was beautifully furnished, complete with a sink, refrigerator and microwave. There were lots of towels, extra blankets and so many lovely accents. The bed was very comfortable and it was quiet. The speaker on the floor played music that the innkeeper, Abigail, thought I would like -- it was perfect. I was treated so warmly and really enjoyed my conversations with Abigail. She gave me lots of tips on what to see and how to get there. The main house is beautiful as well and Abigail served a fabulous breakfast. The Parsonage is conveniently located in the heart of the historic district and I enjoyed exploring on foot. I was sorry to leave this lovely place.

Room Tip: There are other rooms in the main house which looked very nice. There are two newer rooms upstairs...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Victorian Room at the Parsonage this last weekend and it was delightful. Abigail's hospitality was warm and welcoming. Breakfast was served beautifully and the room was perfect. The location really can't be beat if you want to park your car and walk around Nevada City. We will definitely be returning since everything was done so perfectly. This was one of my favorite bed and breakfasts that I have stayed in ever!

Room Tip: The Victorian Room has a beautiful tub and great seating with plenty of windows since it was on a co...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nevada City Inn
Nevada City Inn
#4 of 6 in Nevada City
3.0 of 5 stars 70 reviews

Been to The Madison House B & B? Share your experiences!