“The owners are the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nevada City
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
427 Broad Street, Nevada City, CA 95959   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Nevada City B&B and Inns
San Diego
“The owners are the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here earlier in the year and loved it so much that I called several of my friends that came and joined me instead of going to the B&B we had originally intended to. The owners felt like old friends and ended up inviting us to their tranquil gentleman's ranch not far away. Really special time in Nevada City and with our 'new friends"!
The Breakfast was beyond anything I had expected-- felt like we really got a terrific deal as it was included in our room rate. The vintage home is in the heart of charming Nevada City and I felt like a part of the community right away. I miss being there! I hope I can go back soon for at least 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Well, we had 3 rooms and we all loved what we had. I had the room on the Main Street side and the...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I have marked this as average. Not because of the location - which is excellent
Not because of the accommodation - which was charming. Not because of the breakfast - which was very good. Not because of the ambiance. But purely because on our reservation confirmation it stated that we should be there between 4.00 and 6.00 pm. I had indicated that we would definitely be there before 6.00 pm. We raced through Yosemite park and to Nevada City to make sure we were not late. We arrived at 5.00pm No one was there to greet us. A note pinned to the door said someone would be there at 6.15. I telephoned and got a curt response stating with indifference that Abilgail would be there at 6.15. We were hot, tired and fed up. We therefore had to sit outside on the porch with our luggage for an hour and a quarter and wait. During that time a friend of Abigail's arrived. When the lady finally arrived she greeted the friend and ignored us completely. It was not the sort of welcome we expected or desired. Fortunately the accommodation and house itself is charming and so somewhat offset our annoyance. Confirmation states that you should arrive between 4 and 6. One therefore assumes that before and after this time is not convenient but that during those hours there will be someone there to receive you. Just be aware of this fact.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
captbaglietto, Owner at The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
We regret that these folks arrived earlier than they planned and were inconvienence. Thier stated arrival time, which they themselves noted on the reservation sheet was 6PM. In-spite of this slight inconvienence they stated that they had a pleasant visit with us. We consistently make every effort to accommodate special, early, or late check-ins,....When given reasonable notice.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My friend and I wanted to get away for the weekend and we stayed at the Parsonage. Abigail was a delight. We stayed in Lisa's room which had a second bed which was nice and comfy. The food was absolutely delicious. One morning we had a homeade souffle and another a wonderful fritatta with homemade biscuit and fresh squeezed orange juice. Nevada City is also a lovely, quant town with many good restaurants and shops to enjoy. Will definitely visit again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Incline Village, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband & I have stayed here several times & always had a wonderful time. Our favorite part is innkeeper Patti, who is a fabulous chef, an immaculate housekeeper & a funny, caring, very special person. As long as Patti is running things, we'll be back. I have never seen anyone pay attention to details the way Patti does. If she is tending the inn, you'll be well taken care of.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

This, for the record, is the first negative review I've ever left on Trip Advisor- I'm a big proponent of making your own good time and that few things are really THAT bad.
Some things, however, are.
I reserved our room about 5 months in advance for a special wedding weekend. Our sense of being a burden rather than a paying guest came about a month and half prior to our visit when I received a strange phone call from the owner asking if we were sure we still wanted to come. "Of course!", I said, "Why? Is there a problem?". To which she responded, "No. I just... It's just that I have other people calling me wanting to stay here and I could sell them a room if you're not coming."
?????
"Well, we ARE coming and you've had my credit card on file for months now, so count on us."
"Fine." and hung up.
Strange, yes? That kind of hospitality bloomed into full force once we arrived in person. We asked directions to something and she responded with her customary huge sigh and, "Good Grief, don't ask me where things are around here." We were rarely there and specifically told her she didn't need to worry with cleaning our room each day, and could still feel the annoyance of our presence radiating off of her every time we crossed paths. Our room was upstairs and stifling hot, but she refused to turn on the air conditioning because she didn't think if felt all that bad.
A couple family members stopped by to say goodbye after the wedding while we were having breakfast and she raced into the room to make sure they weren't eating anything and then asked me if I was a guest before bringing me the rest of my breakfast! I'd been there for 2 days at that point!
The location is perfection however and there is a for sale sign in front, so.... hopefully it gets taken over by someone who actually wants to run a B&B, until then, I really wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
captbaglietto, Owner at The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Let's be clear!

This was a large wedding party with multiple guests from across the country. The Wedding coordinator booked numerous rooms without names assigned to each room. it was left up to each guest to confirm their own rooms. This guest had two rooms booked, We called this guest to confirm thier reservation to avoid a double booking. There was no intent to lessen thier position or make them feel "Unwanted".

When reservations made six months in advance, for multiple rooms, for "one wedding", We always check on the reservations personally by phone.
The potential for cross bookings and double bookings, given that there are multiple guests for one wedding was a strong factor. Our experience has shown that because of the dynamics of a wedding, these mistakes do happen.
We were merely trying to insure the reservations for this guest..

When this guest and her party checked-in and were walked you to thier room, They were asked;"if they felt the room was too hot". Nothing was said! However,everyone else in group stated they would rather have their windows open.

As for the breakfast - in the course of our serving breakfast, We come in and out of each breakfast room, bringing food and clearing used dishes. At that time, the visiting people showed up and were sitting at the Breakfast table, they stated:" they were just there to say " Hi".

At no point, were these folks challenged about breakfast or made to feel unwelcome. This was a very wrong impression on the part of the writer of this comments.

Every consideration was made to this guest including personallized in-room service for an elderly relative, and Shirts being ironed for the Wedding. All these " Extras"were happily done and at no additional cost. Just plain good hospitality.

The Parsonage B&B is one of the best B&B's in the County, people come from all over the world and have nothing but raves about the food, the service and the experience.
pkellogg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

I would highly recommend The Parsonage to anyone that is considering a B&B in Nevada City. Great location, clean, friendly, and great breakfast!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Hubby and I dropped off our 4 y/o with relatives in Colfax and headed to Nevada City sans reservations. Drove around a bit and opted for The Parsonage given the convenience at the top of Broad Street dining and shopping. Inn keeper, Patti, was all about making sure we were comfortable and was extremely generous with local info and recommendations. Bed, linens and soaking bathtub were all yummy...as was the brunch! We'll be returning....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!