“Some great food, some not so great - unusual” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 48 Restaurants in Nevada City
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Madrid, Spain
“Some great food, some not so great - unusual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

The pea soup was excellent.
The dourian smoothie was interesting - I've tried the vanilla and the chocolate one.
The strongbox & side salad were excellent.
The chia pudding (dessert) was excellent.
The grapeleaves were tough. It wasn't quite what we expected. Others might like them but we didn't.
I felt pretty healthy watching them make everything. They very kindly explained why each ingredient. Service is pretty good given they make everything to order.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nevada City
“Terrific food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I approached The Fix with a bit of caution, having been to raw food restaurants that were too "different" for me to enjoy the food. However, my misapprehensions were immediately calmed when I got my first taste of the wilted kale salad with its perfectly balanced dressing. My husband got a special flat bread pizza with a wonderful topping of fresh tomates, cheese and other goodies which was preceeded by a lovely salad served in an assymetrical bowl. The bread is not baked, but made in a dehydrator and is very chewy and tasty. We splurged with a piece of key lime pie that was divine.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere