“Great Locals Place With Live Music And Very Good Food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
1,714 helpful votes 1,714 helpful votes
“Great Locals Place With Live Music And Very Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Last Wed. night we dined at here for dinner. The restaurant was very crowded and we had about a 30 minute wait for 3 at a table right by the musicians. My entree was the Ribeye Steak which was flavorful and served with sides of golden potatoes and asparagus. The ambiance is fun with a bar and open kitchen where you can watch the chefs cook.

Nevada City is a very cool, interesting mountain town with friendly people. We have really enjoyed dining around the area each night during our 4 week stay here on business in the area. :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fargo
“May 1, 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great food and atmosphere! They were giving 15% to Breast cancer that evening. I had the special taco salad and a lovely local glass of wine.

Visited May 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
“Relaxed atmosphere, good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Got into town and checked into our B&B on the late side, the Inn Keeper's at The Emma House sent us here for dinner. I was a little skeptical at first as it was very relaxed, wait staff was very friendly but winding down for the night. The food came out very quickly and was AMAZING!! My boyfriend had the fish and chips, I stole a few bites, very flaky and fresh, perfectly golden brown and yummy! I had Mac and Cheese with Bacon and I wish my stomach was bigger so I could have ate it all!! Was bummed for 2 days I didn't take the leftovers to the B&B! The waitress was very helpful at helping us pick out beers and gave us several samples to help us find one we loved. Great friendly and quick service. Will definitely go back here and recommend it.

Visited April 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Nice place poor food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Loved the atmosphere of this place and the outdoor as well as indoor eating area. Service was ok. Food was really rather average for pub grub. Not sure if I'd recommend to eat here but to have a drink and listen to the local musicians would be nice.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
loma rica
“Thumbs down, way down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We looked forward to checking out Matteo's as we're always looking for new places to dine in GV/NC.

Prices were low with many options on the pub menu, but I made the mistake of ordering a rib eye off the entree list. Asked for medium and got medium rare though it was hard to tell because the steak was buried in a very salty sauce which probably boosted my BP a hundred points for the rest of the evening. Agree with 'TeaTotalers' that the cut of meat was inferior...

My companions fared a little better but I could tell that no one was excited by their food. Service was sketchy and we had to make a point of asking for water refills. Bottom line is we will not return for the food though the atmosphere was OK with a great blues duo performing. Maybe just a drink at the bar next time.

• Visited March 2013