I needed a room for one night with quick access to the naval base. The National City Holiday Inn Express turned out to be a great choice. The price was right and parking was free -- which was not the case with hotels I considered in downtown San Diego. The room was clean and the furnishings throughout the property were updated. However, the bed was a bit hard...more so than I have experienced at other HIEs. It was also clear that this property used to be something else. Despite the updates, the hallways had a musty smell and the bathroom fixtures were old and tired, For my purposes, this Holiday Inn Express was just right. However, if I were looking to stay longer in San Diego or had a more touristy trip planned, I would probably look around a bit more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the smoke-free Holiday Inn Express San Diego South – National City and enjoy our complete renovation that will “awe” you. We are conveniently located off I-805 and are within minutes from San Diego’s biggest attractions. We provide a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, free parking, business center, fitness room, an outdoor heated pool and whirlpool. A host of amenities such as plush new bedding, 37’ LCD television with cable channels, free wireless internet, refrigerator, and microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Holiday Inn Express South - National City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn South Bay Hotel National City
- Comfort Inn National City
- National City Comfort Inn