“Convenience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City

You added Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1645 East Plaza Blvd, National City, CA 91950 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in National City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Didn't seem worth what we paid to stay there. But it is quite near San Diego, and it's all about location. A little outdated, and cramped parking. Also watch out when leaving the hotel because it's on a corner where it is difficult to see who is coming on the left. Elevator needs some updating. It rattles. A small but satisfying selection of food for breakfast. The staff was very friendly though, and that was appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear karrmichael,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Northridge, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Usually you get what you pay for, but there are times when you get lucky. I had booked my trip for two days and showed up a day early. The manager was very gracious and accommodated us anyway! The rooms were nice and clean. I was thrilled not to see any bedspreads! Great cable channel choices. The continental breakfast was okay, but there were no sausages. How can you serve eggs, biscuits and gravy and have no sausages? But what I appreciated the most was that were in our room no more than 15 minutes and the desk clerk called our room to check if everything was satisfactory in the room. Now that was a first in all the places I have ever stayed in! The only bad thing I could see was that there was a sulfur/mildew type of smell coming out of the sink after a minute of running the water. Made it kind of hard to wash your face when the smell creeps up on you. Otherwise, it was great for the price and customer service was stellar!

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear thumping on the ceilings in the early morning, I recommend take the to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Tucked away in a nice local neighborhood, the hotel is very neat and clean. The elevators might cause a pause or two as they wobble up and down. Breakfast was adequate, and yes there was hot chocolate available for non coffee drinkers. Bedding wasn't as smooth as some. Welcome late night was kind and helpful. But when I called to see why we could not wirelessly connect to the hotel's wireless Internet, we were told to come down to the lobby and use it there. Hmm. Also, small but awkward, the shower walls had exposed tap screws holding them in. Like the construction crew left them three while the liquid nails dried, and no one has trout to take them out since.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SD_GM92131, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I appreciate your input to our property for it allows us to pin point where we can improve. I apologize for the inconvenience when we were having issues with the wireless internet and I assure that has been taken care of now. I thank you as well for letting me know about the shower walls, I will bring this issue up with my maintenance team. We thank for choosing Holiday Inn Express and we hope to have you with us again.
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The room we had was very nice, looked like it had been recently updated. The pillows even smelled linen fresh! It was very clean. The rain shower head was awesome and lots of hot water. I would recommend this to anyone and stay there again. Service was good. For a free breakfast the food was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am so pleased to know that your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express South - National City was "very nice". We strive to offer the best of quality and service at our property and are glad that you took notice I am also happy that you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast served every morning. Thank you for reviewing your stay, it is much appreciated. We hope to see you stay with us again!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable and the price was right. The hotel staff were extremely friendly, accommodating and excellent! Mireille checked me in very quickly, and later helped to change my room to a quieter one since my last room is closer to the road. The hotel has easy access to San Diego's attractions and shopping areas. Definitely will return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
We are very fortunate to be located to so many that San Diego has to offer. I am so pleased that our location was accommodating during your stay. Here at the Holiday Inn Express South - National city, we work hard to give the best to our guest and I am proud to hear that your stay was not an exception. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, come visit us soon.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had a great stay. Front Desk Attendant Mirelle was great, very helpful and friendly. I have only good things to say about all the staff. I would recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone who visits this area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - National City. It is jovial that your stay was awesome and that you found our property a "great place to stay". We are so fortunate to have an amazing staff at our property and Mirelle is no exception. I appreciate your kind review and hope that you stay with us again soon. Thank You f or choosing Holiday Inn Express.

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City? Share your experiences!