Grace took my reservation over the phone, she was very friendly and professional. When we checked in, (the same) Grace was at the reception, and again she was friendly and professional.
The housekepper opened our room door and the smell of cigarette was overwhelming. She called the front desk and they gave us a room on a higher floor (they said the higher the floor, the less strong the cigarette smell). Yes the smell was less strong but still, it was very noticeable.
The location of the hotel is less than average, there are lots of homeless people hanging around.
The noise from freeway traffic is strong. Luckily I had my ear plugs for the night, and the noise did not bother my hubby and baby.
The room was very clean and had a mini fridge, microwave, etc.
So if you don't mind the noise and cigarette smell, the rooms aren't bad at all. Therefore I am giving it 3 stars.
Again, Grace the receptionist was great. I called a few days after we checked out for a question and she was courteous as usual.
Aunt Emma's Pancakes, 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel, has yummy crepes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clarion Hotel(R) National City San Diego South is located near all the best attractions in San Diego. Navy Base San Diego, Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego, Downtown Gaslamp District,Convention Center, Petco Park and San Diego Airport are only 10 minutes away. Entertainment venues, restaurants and shopping centers are nearby. Tijuana, Mexico is just a short 15 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Clarion Hotel National City San Diego South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn National City
- National City Holiday Inn