“Pleasant Surprise, close to everything” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in National City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Pleasant Surprise, close to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I normally stay at a competitive chain. My contact in SD recommended this property. I was skeptical but since I wanted to make nice with this client I stayed there.
Excellent choice!!!
My first indicator of good quality was how the front desk solves problems. There was a loud person in the room above me and when I asked the gentleman at the front desk he said he was on it and if they didn't quiet down he was going to aks them to leave. I never had any other problems.
My room was clean, large and very well appointed. The design was superb. I know...that's my business.
I wil stay there again. The trip was successful and I am looking forward to a return trip.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the west side to avoid any road noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jeff M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Marina Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at our hotel. We are honored that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for mentioning our hotel’s design, we truly value your compliment. I am happy to hear that our location was convenient for you as well. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your compliments and feedback. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you soon in the future.

Best Western Plus Marina Gateway Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were first greeted by the lady in the reception area and she was the best. She was very friendly. she gave us all the information we need. she gave us maps, coupons, and routes, lunch and dinner places nearby, and almost everything we need to know about the area.

The rooms were great and the area was great. Very conveninety located by the I-5 exit and very close to imperial beach. This is the best location and the best hotel to stay. The free wifi was fast, the bed was clean. The bathrooms were big. The A/C unit was calm, room was very well ventilated. Everything was superb. There was a fitness center and the pool. Amazing and Amazing people and amazing hotel.

I would stay here again for our next visit and would recommend this to anyone who wants to stay in San Diego area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh,PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

What a great deal we got on Hotwire! The hotel is pet- friendly and they gave us a room on the first floor on the road side. It was very clean and quiet. No dog odor or some other strong smell. Everything still looks very new, grounds are well maintained with lush plants, pool is heated, beds are comfortable and every room has fridge and microwave. Since the prices in the restaurant (Buster's) seemed high, we had breakfast in the room. The hotel is located near Balboa Park, Seaport Village and just across from Coronado. Staff is friendly and helpful, ask them for advice. In short: stay here if you want value and convenience (a piece of advice coming from pretty picky travelers).

• Stayed April 2013
San Jose, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff was exceptionally courteous and nice. It was 10 minutes from San Diego in a quite industrial neighborhood. Not a lot within walking distance but it was quite. I loved that the pool was heated!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Only a few years old, this hotel exudes newness. Immaculate rooms and great pool and hot tub make it our go to place when we only want to feel like we are getting away. It's location is ideal for tourists, only minutes from the hot spots in San Diego. Plus, Mexico is a mere five minutes away.

• Stayed April 2013
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Would like to thank the staff and managment for the great hospitality and great service. My room was always cleaned professionaly and the resturaunt Busters makes the stay even better. When I am in San Diego again I will stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been coming here for few years and will recommend my friends and family to stay here for I have stayed at other hotels in the area and can say that nothing compared to the Best Western for the staff are very helpful, friendly and courteous and eager to assist to make your stay as comfortable as they can.

I always see the workers cleaning amd making sure that indise and outside appearance is tidy and also the young ladies cleaning the room do an excellent job and making sure that I am satisfied which is never a complaint.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Marina Gateway Hotel? Share your experiences!