“Phil is awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 217 Activities in Napa
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: $110 Per person: Join other fun-loving wine tasters aboard our small-group shuttle for a guided tour of smaller, historic & backroads wineries. Picnic lunch, served at a winery is included. We feature some of the most beautiful wineries and some of the tastiest wines in the area. We'll discuss local history and culture, as well as wine making info. Choose Napa Valley or Sonoma. Make the most of your short time in the wine country! This is a social, light-hearted activity. Did we mention, fun?
Fairfield, OH
5 attraction reviews
“Phil is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went on a tour yesterday with Phil. He showed us 4 unique wineries, serenaded us at lunch and made sure we were just happy enough at the end of the day. I would recommend this tour to anyone. Strangers make the best wine buddies.

San Francisco, California
“Great trip with Andy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Andy was a great driver! He judged how the group felt about each winery and didn't rush us if the group wanted to head out. He was also very knowledgeable and educated us early on in the tour because after 2-3 wineries who can pay attention.

Andy called me 15 mins before his arrival at our hotel. He also had gourmet cheese and crackers for snacks.

25 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful day being taken to 5 wineries, and tasting wines at 4 of them. There 3 other couples on the tour with my husband and I making it fun and interesting. One of the couples wanted to visit a specific winery and while our tour guide Samantha, wasn't able to accommodate them with a tasting, she took us there to see the grounds, Beautiful! As with everything in life some of the wines were great, good, so-so and not so good. All depending on your taste. But that being said all the wineries were interesting, with the last stop of the day, Lava Vines was great! Ended up being a jam vest with a member of our group playing along! Wines were great also! This was our second tour, the first being 3 1/2 yrs ago. Will go again and recommend to anyone we know going to wine country!

McKinney, Texas
“Chris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Perfect tour! Chris picked us up promptly at our hotel. He was informative in tall aspects Napa/Sonoma Valley. He picked perfect wineries and provided a great lunch. I highly recommend.

Windsor, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent day trip with Andy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

8 of us went on vacation for a 5-day trip to Sonoma-Napa, and we decided to have a day of someone else driving and making decisions for us. Andy at Platypus Tours did not disappoint! I had booked the tour well in advance, and a few weeks before our arrival, Andy actually phoned me (not email!) to have a long discussion about what kind of day we wanted so that he could be sure to tailor the tour to exactly what we wanted (he did). I had several phone conversations with Andy prior to our trip. Based on the feedback I provided from our group, he planned a day for us visiting the types of wineries we preferred, at the pace we wanted.

The day of the tour was fantastic! We had booked the "limo bus," which was so comfortable and pleasant. We had packed a picnic, and the van was already preloaded with a (complimentary) cheese tray, water and coolers for the food we brought along. Since I had planned the trip, my friends weren't really sure to expect, and every one of us raved about what a great day we had, and how terrific Andy was. True to our itinerary, we went to exactly the types of places we wanted to go. Our visits were complemented by Andy's own knowledge of wines, the vineyards, and the actually wineries. We learned so much throughout the day (at least, throughout the morning!), and we had so much fun.

Andy fit right into our group, he was flexible and laid back, and it was a delight to spend the day with him. This was definitely a treat for one of the days we were there.

Highly recommend Platypus Tours (and while I'm sure the other tour guides are excellent, I cannot speak to that so be sure to ask for Andy!)