“Perfect Day!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 165 Food & Drink in Napa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: $110 Per person: Join other fun-loving wine tasters aboard our small-group shuttle for a guided tour of smaller, historic & backroads wineries. Picnic lunch, served at a winery is included. We feature some of the most beautiful wineries and some of the tastiest wines in the area. We'll discuss local history and culture, as well as wine making info. Choose Napa Valley or Sonoma. Make the most of your short time in the wine country! This is a social, light-hearted activity. Did we mention, fun?
Olympic Valley, California
“Perfect Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

What a great day of wine tasting with Platypus Wine tours. Our guide for the day, Karl, was AWESOME! Provided fun facts about the valley and kept the day moving along, but not too fast. We visited 4 wineries, but was able to enjoy the wines and atmosphere of each winery. We definitely book with Platypus Wine tours again and have already recommended them to my family who will be visiting the valley in the fall. There were plenty of snacks along the journey and an excellent lunch. Can't wait to book with them again!

Visited March 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
“Another two great days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our second trip to Sonoma/Napa Valley and the second time we used Platypus tours for two days. We challenged our guides Alison and Sam to take us to all new wineries. And they delivered. We are wine lovers and we learned something new on each day. We had some wine newbies on both of our tours and Alison and Sam really did a nice job choosing wineries that were informative and friendly...and of course produced terrific wine! Its great to have the piece of mind in enjoying the wine without worrying about getting back behind the wheel. The snacks and lunch are great too. I can't say enough about this tour company.

New Caney, Texas, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Fun Wine Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I took the Platypus Wine tour with Tony as our guide and had a great time! She took us to 4 nice "boutique" wineries with a variety of wines that satisfied everyone on the bus. We even had the pleasure of meeting a couple of the winery owners...a rare opportunity! Tony also made sure we all had enough water between wineries, a nice cheese plate and a delicious but light lunch. We returned to our B&B in plenty of time for a nice dinner. Highly recommend this tour company!

Visited March 2013
Ceresco, Nebraska
“2 for 2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the second time we have taken a winery tour with Platypus and we'll very likely do it again in the future. Steve was an excellent guide and took us to some off the beaten path wineries that we never would have found on our own. I would recommend Platypus tours to my friends and anyone wishing to explore great small wineries and meet with the owners or winemakers in person.

San Diego, CA
“Such a Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I participated in this tour as part of a bachelorette party and could not have been more impressed. Having been to Napa several times before I expected to visit the same old wineries and get the same canned tour but I was delightfully surprised. The bus was on time and well stocked with beverages and cheese for the trip. We visited some great wineries and were delivered back to San Fran right on time. The tour was great but the best part by far was our guide, Army. During our trip he was insightful and entertaining. He took great care of us making sure we ate before we started tasting, making us lunch and he was always there to answer any questions. He knows the area and the people like the back of his hand! My husband was meeting me the following day so I picked Army's brain for some of the best (lesser known) places to go for tasting and eating and he did not disappoint! We visited some amazing wineries that I had never heard of, we even ran into Army at one of them. We were running behind and hadn't had a chance to visit all the wineries he suggested. He called ahead to organize an after hour private tour for us a family run winery! The whole experience was fantastic and I would recommend Army, and Platypus to anyone.