“Very nice hotel, huge rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice hotel, huge rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Good location, beautiful rooms and friendly staff. Close and convenient to everything.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We booked a concierge hotel room and had access to the lounge which I recommend taking advantage of. I have stayed at other Marriotts with access to the concierge lounge and this was far superior in terms of the food and drinks they had available. My parents were impressed but I told them if they stayed at other properties it was usually pretzels, popcorn, chips and veggie tray for food. They had roasted vegetables, chicken skewers, cheese, etc, more than typical fare. Also, they had complimentary wine in lounge and also hotel lobby where most places have cash bar. The pool area was very nice too. I think this hotel is a good value, especially if you book concierge level.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

We live in Napa and are going through a house renovation. We booked here for two nights before taking a holiday while house is being worked on. The staff couldn't be nicer. Lovely evening wine and appetizers. We had room service and the food was very good and NOT expensive (as far as Napa goes). Good Food...Very nice staff...lovely rooms. They appreciate your business..how great is that? This hotel is undergoing it's own renovation and they are doing their best to make your stay pleasant.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Folsom, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I visited for a Saturday night and though the room was clean and nicely decorated the noise level in the hotel is out of control. if someone is in the hall and talks it is like they are in your room. We unfortunately had a very loud group of people on our floor. My brother and sister-in-law were on the bottom floor near check in and they had the same complaint. You would think that the people running check in would have told the people to quiet down but they didn't. I called the hotel the Monday after my stay and was passed to the managers voicemail and left him a message and he never called me back.....so I guess I won't be back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Brookings, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I had a really nice big room. I only paid $10/night more to be on the "Conceirge level". My co-worker was in a regular room and said it was so small he couldn't even walk around the bed.
The Conceirge card get's you free breakfast...lots of fruit, pastry, coffee, teas, oatmeal, toast and some egg dishes. Also free water and cokes all day long. Appetizers and wine in the evening and dessert at night. The room had someone working in it to keep everything clean and stocked all day. I was impressed.
Every staff member I encountered was very polite and friendly.

I opted for a room with two double beds instead of a King because I was in a hurry to check in. While the room was very large, especially the bathroom, the two beds were so tiny, I"m not sure they were even doubles. I'm pretty sure I slept so bad because I kept rolling out of bed...ha ha.

The conference room was nice and the staff kept the refreshments stocked.

you MUST eat at "Characters" , the BBQ restaurant in the hotel....i ate there everyday it was soooooooooooooooo good

There is a Target, World Market, Trader Joes, Starbucks, Whole Foods, and a book store, within walking distance.

My only complaint was the noise from the hallway...the doors slam SO loud, but I stuffed a towel under the door and was not bothered anymore.

The room had a mini fridge, but it didn't get very cold. (OK, i guess I had two complaints)
(three) I wish they had miccrowaves in the rooms

I'm not usually a Marriott stayer, but I would stay here again, Conceirge level of course

free parking
in room wireless internet was something like $4.95 a day

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Grove City, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights over Thanksgiving. It has a good location right on route 29. Check in was fast and the front desk staff and concierge were very helpful.
Apparently an old Holiday Inn that has been refurbished. Rooms are very comfortable with nice amenities. Only complaint was the room furnace/air conditioner was very loud when running. It is not a window unit but on the outside wall, everytime it started you had to turn up the TV to here it.
Room and bath were very clean and they were very prompt making up the rooms in the morning.
Last year we stayed at the Renaissance in Sonoma and would choose that one for our next stay even though this Marriott was good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

We stayed in an upgraded "concierge" room. It was well worth the upgrade as it included afternoon wine/cheese with some hot hors d'oeuvres and wine, fruit, etc. They also had a dessert later in the evening. There was also a continental breakfast but it also had a hot entree in the form of 2 kinds of scrambled eggs. The bed was amazingly comfortable plus the package included a bottle of wine in our room. The concierge in the concierge lounge was very helpful. Upon mentioning that it was my birthday we found a cheese/fruit plate & another bottle of wine. This was just the get-away we needed. We highly recommend the hotel especially if they are having a special.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!