I stayed here for a conference recently, and found the conference facilities to be better than many - the food was nice, connectivity solid, and staff gracious. That said, the stay was flawed, and given the fact that I received a conference rate, I cannot really judge if the hotel merits your business given the pricey rates of nearby Napa hotels.
Here's my experience: Upon check-in, I got some attitude from a young woman at the front desk, who later identified herself as the reservation manager. I have racked up many Marriott points and identified myself as a longtime Rewards member. I told this woman that I was coming off a horrendous week (my cute VW bug needed a new transmission for $6K, but that's another story!), and I asked for a nice room. Her response was, "Oh yes, you're in a nice one," and off I went to a garden view on the first floor. The room was ok, and there was a patio with a sliding door. Being highly claustrophobic, I need to sleep with an open window, and was concerned that being on the first floor, I couldn't lock the screen. I called the front desk and asked if the screen locked - they weren't sure, (shouldn't they know their rooms?) - and explained my situation. With an attitude, the reservation manager offered me another room on the second floor overlooking the freeway but said I had to make up my mind now because there was only one room left. Mind you, it was only 3:00 p.m., long before most guests check-in and I doubt someone would mind an "upgrade" to a garden room. I asked about the noise, reminding them of the reason I needed to move - an open window at night - but was told it's a little noisy. Let's deduct big points so far.
The Bell Captain came and helped me move, and he couldn't have been nice - add back points.
The new room was VERY noisy with the window open (not an issue with it closed). Despite going to bed at 9:30, there was SO much noise, I didn't fall asleep until midnight, and awoke at 3:00 a.m. due to the noise, and never could fall back to sleep. Deducting points.
The next morning I went to the front desk, and shared my experience. I said that even though my employer had prepaid the folio, I would need to find another hotel, if they weren't able to move me. Based on the zero availability talk by the reservation manager the day before, I was not optimistic. The new front desk staff (I believe her name of Rosanna) was so nice, and said there were plenty of rooms, and even offered to help me pack so I wouldn't miss my offsite meetings that were to begin in ten minutes. Add back lots of points here...
Turns out the A/C in the new room didn't work, but I didn't discover that until the following day. They checked it out and said it couldn't be fixed, but gave me a couple of options - move to another room (I declined this one!) or get an additional 15,000 Marriott points (I took this one!) Add back points.
I can definitely say I am a fan of most the hotel staff who went out of their way to be gracious. Just not sure on the location, since the hotel is next to Hwy 29. If you can sleep with a closed window, it won't be an issue for you. Put this review in context with others, and decide if it's for you.
- Also Known As:
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel Napa
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Napa
- Napa Marriott
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and beauty of Napa California’s world-famous wine country from the area’s premier hotel – the Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa. Providing exceptional hotel room accommodations for business travel, meetings, and perfectly located for leisurely exploring, our Napa hotel is surrounded with opportunities to treat yourself in every sense. Conveniently located in the heart of California’s renowned Napa Wine Country, just off Highway 29, our hotel offers the ideal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.