I cannot say enough about the staff. They were extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. The location was great for shopping and restaurants. The rooms were clean and pretty nicely decorated. It was great to have "free" Wifi and I loved breakfast delivered every morning. OK, now for the downside. We had to move from our second floor room in the old building as it was virtually part of the open air restaurant adjacent to it. We were literally overlooking a row of tables and without raising a voice, could have easily conversed with the diners about their delicious looking entrees if we so chose. We were jet lagged from a 3 hr time difference and the chatter of dishes and conversation below was so noisy that we couldn't sleep. The very accommodating manager moved us to the other building and we paid even more than the already top dollar for a smaller room with a queen bed and river view, all of which which turned out to be quite disappointing. The "balcony" outside our window was a shared space with 2 tables and chairs that you enter from another hallway. Everything about that balcony, from the corrugated sheet metal siding to the metal table and chairs was scorching hot and uninviting. Just a few umbrellas and table plants would have made the space usable during the day. At night, our room was unremittingly illuminated by the balcony spotlight streaming in through our window, suggestive of a police interrogation scene. All in all, it is a nice boutique hotel with great staff that still has some kinks to iron out.
- Also Known As:
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Hotel Napa
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Hotel
- Napa River Hotel
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Napa Valley, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill is the perfect central location in Downtown Napa!Just one hour north of San Francisco, experience Napa Valley charm, luxury, and convenience at this romantic Napa Valley historic hotel, nestled in the heart of Napa Valley wine country.Established in 1884 by Captain Albert Hatt, the Historic Napa Mill, a registered Historic Landmark, boasts live entertainment, fine dining, wine tasting, spa, and shops. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, this downtown Napa historic inn will surprise and delight. Explore all of the attractions near the Napa River Inn, including: restaurants, wine tasting, shops, galleries, and the Wine Train. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.