“Napa Vaction” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cotter, Arkansas
“Napa Vaction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

PJ & I took a nice vacation and stayed here for 2 nights. We stayed in a nice suite and had breakfast from Sweetie Pies sent to our room each morning. The best thing, I think, was the bathtub. It was a stand alone tub with a high back. I love baths and this was probably the MOST comfortable tub I've EVER been in! The staff was also very friendly, but I'd go back just for the tub.

Room Tip: This place is supposed haunted. 207 and 208 are the hot-spots!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara Brooks G M, General Manager at Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hello Denise,

Our claw-foot slipper tubs are definitely a reason to come back! Just big enough to immerse yourself, not so big that you get lost in it. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again.

Napa River Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! There isn't much to add that hasn't already been said, but the highlights for us were the friendly, helpful staff, the delicious baked goods delivered to our room for breakfast, and the comfy beds. Oh, and the garden space along the river was just gorgeous. The room was not huge, but was big enough for two people in two beds and had plenty of counter space in the bathroom for toiletries. We will definitely stay here again if we return to Napa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sara Brooks G M, General Manager at Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We are very proud of our gardens - our Master Gardener loves hearing all of the wonderful feedback so I'll make sure to pass it along. The gardens are ever-changing so come back and visit us a different time of year to see all of the new growth!

Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I really loved my two day fun stay in Napa. I really enjoyed the inn. Since I was with my best buddy, another girl, we had a two bed room. The problem was they only had rooms with 2 beds on the bottom floor. Normally I would have been very uncomfortable because I always request a higher floor, but, this felt very safe. Also it was Napa during the week and the town doesn't really come to life until Thurs and is very busy over the weekends. I also felt the room was a little stuffy and didn't want to open the window being on the ground floor, but, that is just me. With our room they also gave us two $100.00 dinner gift certificates and we were able to try two excellent restaurants and we also received 4 coupons for wine tasting at the Bounty Hunter. We also had a free breakfast from Sweetie Pies which was good but not great like I expected it to be. It really was a great deal and we both enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: If you don't need 2 beds then there are other choices and I believe the rooms would be really ni...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our dinner package during your stay, I'm so glad you enjoyed it and you were able to get away for some girl time.

Moraga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I recently took a 2 day trip to Napa and loved the Napa River Inn. Everything about it was great -- the staff couldn't have been more gracious, the location is terrific (within walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops) and the room, although small, was extremely comfortable. The towels were thick and lush, and the robes in the room were incredible -- again, so thick and luxurious. The breakfast in bed (or on our patio) from Sweeties was great -- a whole lot of choices but quite yummy (the scones I had both days were incredible). If I have one complaint -- and it is a minor one -- is that the lighting in the room was not great. The canopy over the bed makes it a little difficult to get the light from the bedside table, making it a little less comfortable for reading before going to sleep. Like I said -- a very minor complaint. Having a ride to and from the Wine Train was a special treat (although we had not been advised that this was offered -- we were told only when I asked how far the wine train was from the hotel; also, we had been told the car would be waiting for us when the train got back to the station. It wasn't. I had to call the hotel to remind them that we were waiting. Not a big deal, but a slight gliche.) All in all, I'd highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had one with a patio which was lovely for enjoying our glass of wine in the evening and our break...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and writing this lovely review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and only had the one minor glitch. I will make sure we pass it along to our staff in our weekly meeting to make sure we communicate to guests properly about the wine train pick ups. Come back and see us soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed for a couple days on a quick trip to Napa. My friend and I got a courtyard room with two double beds. The room was spotless, and looked more like a B&B than a hotel. We both appreciated the yummy smelling shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion. The room faced An attached restaurant and was a little noisy at night and in the morning. But the overall service was excellent and we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for writing this nice review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you took advantage of our in-room bath amenities. We feature NV Organics which is a local company that uses grape seeds and all natural ingredients in their products. We agree that they smell and feel yummy!

Lafayette
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was perfect and quiet with sparkling lights outside the window. The dinner credit for one of three great restaurants along the river and the complimentary breakfast at Sweeties made the stay affordable for the wine country. We love the improvements in this area of Napa and hope to stay here again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sara Brooks G M, General Manager at Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We love our new sparkling river-walk lights! It makes for a lovely walk through downtown and to the restaurants we feature in our dining package. Thank you for staying with us!

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at this property for 3 nights in May, celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. The room was quite spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. I believe they had 600 thread count sheets. Needless today, it was plush. The hotel common area was well appointed and they had cucumber water available to quench your thirst. The front desk attendant was extraordinarily helpful especially with printing our boarding passes for the home-bound flight, which was not an easy task. At all times, I was made to feel like a very special customer. The property is also located in downtown Napa and is extremely easy to get to, making for a terrific launching-off point for the rest of our wine-infused trip. I would happily stay at this property again if my travel plans called for an overnight in Napa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara Brooks G M, General Manager at Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while you were celebrating your anniversary. I'm happy to hear you had a lovely time at our location. Our bedding is always a big hit - it is such a nice treat to climb into a cozy bed after a long wine-infused day!

Come back and see us soon!

Sara Brooks

Been to Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill? Share your experiences!