“LOVED the napa river inn!!” 5 of 5 stars

Start summer off right!
Ranked #3 of 25 hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, MA
“LOVED the napa river inn!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2003

The rooms were beautiful - we had a gas fireplace that was so cozy.
Large bathrooms. The bell hop was so nice and helped us find a restaurant for that evening, made our reservations. We ate at Celodon in the same building and it was so tasty. We received a free breakfast at our choice of two places (or could have had it brought into our room at whatever time we desired). We chose the napa general store and it was some of the best food that I have had. Overall this was a great experience. Only drawback is that they talk about a 'river view' - we had construction on the other side of the river from our room, and it didn't look that pretty.

815 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2003

I stayed at the Napa River Inn in January 2003. My best friend took me for an extended birthday weekend and we had a wonderful time. I agree with everyone else that Sweetie Pies is wonderful - you get more food than you can eat for a week for breakfast and it is all very tasty! The staff is very nice and helpful and they were thoughtful enough to present a complimentary bottle of wine for my birthday. There's a general store that is very handy and the hotel provides a complimentary wine tasting there. The room was actually better than expected; sometimes with older hotels you aren't sure whether you will come to a place where renovations are in order, but I found the room to be very comfortable and clean (and I'm very picky having stayed at way too many dingy places traveling for work). We were within walking distance to several restaurants and we enjoyed walking through the town. We also enjoyed treatments at the spa on the property and we had no complaints there (only advice - don't go to the spa after a day of wine tasting - you'll fall asleep and miss the pampering)! As much as I enjoyed the weekend at Napa River Inn, for my next trip I might try staying in Yountville where we discovered there was a lot more to do within walking distance. Staying in the old part of town was great to do once, but for repeat trips I don't think I'll do it again. You have to do it once, though, and Napa River Inn is the best bet for the quaint old town experience. I would say it is worth paying a little more for the overall experience.

San Carlos, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2003

Read this review bearing in mind that I have stayed at the Ritz in Half Moon Bay. The Napa River in is very nice but the town of Napa its self is still in the process of renovation. The rooms are very pleasant but not quite what I would call luxury. Don't opt for the view because there is construction going on across the river which is very noisy and quite ugly to look at. Sweetie Pies breakfast was very good and there are two nice restaurants right on the property. If I were to do this short trip (2 nights) again I would probably stay in Sonoma County where it is still a little more quaint.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2003

A wonderful new hotel with a lot of charm and extras! They give you choice of breakfast at Sweetie Pies or the General Store. Both had a fantastic selection, quite indicative of the California cuisine! The room was huge and the bed and linens wonderful. The have a wonderul outdoor restaurant situation as well. Staff was extremely nice and helpful.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2003

Property was everything we had hoped. Rooms, restaurants, people were all wonderful. Great location. Tip on another restaurant in the area...loved Bistro Don Giovanni.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2003

My husband and I stayed here while visiting Napa in 2002. It was very relaxing. Our room had a fire place and the service was super. It was a very cozy place. The best thing we loved about it were the delicious breakfasts which were free at Sweetie Pies located at the inn premises.
It was a truly enjoyable stay.

st charles, mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2003

My wife and I just returned from a one night stay at the Inn. Although a nice place it is overpriced for what you get. The rooms are nice but pretty small and the bathrooms are very small. The staff was friendly, especially the gentlemen who offered to take us and pick us up from the wine train. The free breakfast at Sweetie Pies was very good...come w/ an empty stomach. I do not have any complaints w/ the inn except for the price and what you get for that price.

Been to Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill

Address: 500 Main Street, Napa, CA 94559
Location: United States > California > Napa Valley > Napa
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Wheelchair access
#1 Spa Hotel in Napa
#3 Green Hotel in Napa
#3 Family Hotel in Napa
#3 Romantic Hotel in Napa
#6 Business Hotel in Napa
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill 3.5*
The Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill is the perfect central location in Downtown Napa!Just one hour north of San Francisco, experience Napa Valley charm, luxury, and convenience at this romantic Napa Valley historic hotel, nestled in the heart of Napa Valley wine country.Established in 1884 by Captain Albert Hatt, the Historic Napa Mill, a registered Historic Landmark, boasts live entertainment, fine dining, wine tasting, spa, and shops. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, this downtown Napa historic inn will surprise and delight. Explore all of the attractions near the Napa River Inn, including: restaurants, wine tasting, shops, galleries, and the Wine Train. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter and Despegar.com so you can book your Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Hotel Napa
Napa River Hotel
Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Napa Valley, CA

If you own or manage Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.