We started our trip with a tour at Castillo de Amoroso winery which is north of this hotel and then came back here to check in later in the afternoon. We selected this hotel for the free breakfast, free wifi and parking but most of all we could bring our little yorkie dog. Upon our arrival we were shown to our room in the Embarcadero building. The property is very pet friendly as is most of downtown Napa. Most of the restaurants we went to we sat outside and our dog could sit with us. On the other hand in our papers we received at check in - it said we couldn't leave the dog in the room unattended or it would cost $200.00. So even though we had a crate we couldn't leave her in our room. If your dog can be crated it should be allowed to stay in the room for a brief period of time. The room was pleasant and you could tell it was an older property but we didn't mind and the Keurig in the room made great coffee. Additional coffee was in the lobby and all you had to do was stop by if you wanted more. The front desk staff was very nice. The wine and cheese reception on Friday night was also a very nice touch. They deliver breakfast to your room and they only come close to the time that you write on the door tag - do not expect the earlier time. The breakfast was okay but the danish was the best part of the breakfast. At the hotel we did a wine tasting at the Napa general store and we ate at the restaurant next door. We had a wonderful dessert with some dessert wine. It was so good. As well we were close to everything downtown, lots of restaurants and bars. You do have to drive to any wineries that you want to visit - there are a quite a few that are close. We did visit back door wines and had a very nice time there as well. I would recommend this hotel if you go to it with general expectations. It is not a new property but provides just the right ambience for those who can understand it is not a chain property. One final note...there are streets surrounding the hotel where you can walk the dog. It is right across from the public library and down the street from the police station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill is the perfect central location in Downtown Napa!Just one hour north of San Francisco, experience Napa Valley charm, luxury, and convenience at this romantic Napa Valley historic hotel, nestled in the heart of Napa Valley wine country.Established in 1884 by Captain Albert Hatt, the Historic Napa Mill, a registered Historic Landmark, boasts live entertainment, fine dining, wine tasting, spa, and shops. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, this downtown Napa historic inn will surprise and delight. Explore all of the attractions near the Napa River Inn, including: restaurants, wine tasting, shops, galleries, and the Wine Train. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Hotel Napa
- Napa River Hotel
- Napa River Inn At The Historic Napa Mill Napa Valley, CA