“Location, location, location.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Kaneohe
“Location, location, location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is that it is within walking distance of almost everything you would want to do in Napa. Room was nice but the bed was not very comfortable, sagging in the middle. What bothered me the most though was the fact that we could not check in early. We had traveled all night from Hawaii, then drove up from San Francisco arriving at about 10:00 am. We were beat but went for a walk about and breakfast. Came back again at 1:30. Looked like housekeeping had completed work but still were not allowed to check in until 3:00. Ended up napping in the car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NVHAS, General Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We have just put in brand new mattress in all rooms they look and feel great so that would solve everyone's questions about bugs and discomfort and hardness of the bed in the room thank you to loyal customers who hung threw it with us during our remodeling. We have respectfully viewed all comments and made the proper adjustment to correct the problems.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

It's a great location for this hotel - and the price is much less than most of the other hotels in the heart of downtown Napa - but the hotel is old, parking is horrible, our shower was missing the knob to turn the shower on - only a metal piece sticking out of the wall. For whatever reason there were tiny fruit type gnats or flies hanging out in our bathroom. Even when we'd swat or kill them they would return after a while. It is not a luxury stay what so ever. But it is in the heart of downtown Napa and walking distance to the river walk, restaurants, coffee shops, bars, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
NVHAS, General Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for posting a review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, but the best part is that you received value for your dollar. It is sometimes hard to know where to stay, especially in the Napa Valley where rooms can get a little pricey. We do our best here to try
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This superficially dressed-up motel also goes by the name 3 Palms and calls itself a "boutique resort" in its promo materials, which is extremely misleading. It is a two-and-a-half star lodging according to the discount travel sites where the rates are in the $60-90 range, but this is generous. It is better and more cheerful than the very basic motels but my room needed work: the clock did not work, the tub drain had no cover so we could not take a bath. The TV channel range was extremely limited and the picture so fuzzy it could not be watched. Walls are thin so you can hear neighbors above and to the sides. The bed and pillows were soft and lumpy but the bedding was clean. The positives: the heat worked well, there was plenty of hot water, and there were decent bath amenities and a hair dryer. I did get my requested wake-up calls, which makes up for the broken clock. The best reason to book here is the free parking and great location, within walking distance to everything in downtown Napa and 5 minutes from Highway 29. I would stay here again but it helps to have all the facts and two-star expectations.

Room Tip: Upstairs as long as the elevator works or you can lug your stuff down the hall. The rooms downstairs...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NVHAS, Front Office Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thanks for your response we are glad you enjoyed your stay here.Glad that you thought location was great walking distance to all the great Restraunts and wine shops that Napa has to offer hope to see you again.
Mammoth Lakes, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend, and chose it because of its location to downtown. You can walk to all the downtown restaurants, the wine train, and my absolute fave, Oxbow Market. The room itself was small, but for the price, what more would you expect? The tv was not a flat screen but worked fine. The bathroom was fine, the blowdryer a joke. I do hair and would describe it as a soft summer breeze. Bring your own. Don't even try to use it for anything but a funny photo.

We upgraded to a room with a couch that could be used as a bed, and it was actually quite large when set up, but it took 90% of the floor space away, which isn't fun in an already small room.

The staff was helpful and friendly, and I will stay here again if I would rather spend more money on food and wine. If you're looking for a romantic, classy getaway, try somewhere more pricey. If you're more interested in not being in your room, spending your money on food and wine etc, and aren't a 'professional' hotel critic, this spot is absolutely perfect simply because it is clean and cant be beat on location.

Oh and the 'broken step' was nowhere to be found, they fixed it pretty quickly I bet. That review was pretty funny... Too much wine maybe? Hehe...

• Stayed February 2013
NVHAS, Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thanks for you comment your satisfaction is important to us.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I haven't been up to the Napa Valley since moving out of the Bay Area, however when I came back for a short little trip with my wife I remember this hotel in Downtown Napa. Last time we were here was back in 2011 and it was a pleasant stay, but they made some changes to the property and the ambiance just feels different (in a good way). The price we paid cannot be beat because of the upgrade to the rooms and location. Staff was great as usual and hopefully I get a chance to come back to beautiful Napa Valley!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for you comment your satisfaction is important to us
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I do not drive and I was in Napa during Christmas. I went to the Operatra House for a concert, I went to join the Wine Train tour, I went to the Oxbow Public Market for oysters and bubblies, I had Mexican food, seafood, Italian food, the local pub, I went to the Church....all on foot! Napa was closed during Christmas Day, and I was treated with Tamales by the staff (my first in my life) and coffee on the house. Every morning, I am greeted by a smiling lady who came to clean my room. A memorable traveling experience!

Room Tip: My room was small, but I had the windows facing the street. Quite pleasant. You can ask for a bigg...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
NVHAS, General Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thanks so much glad you had a wonderful time and certainly glad you enjoyed your room it was a pleasure having you hear and look forward to your next visit.
Rocklin, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked a double room and were upgraded to a beautiful king suite by the very friendly gentleman at the front desk when he learned it was our anniversary! The remodeled suite (#225) had indoor stairs leading up to the spacious modern- traditional room. Black carpet, faux leather seating, and a gas fireplace flanked by pretty, tall, faux floral arrangements greeted us when we first entered the suite and climbed the steps. It was an immediate pleasant surprise. The sleeping area included a large, decorative matching wooden bed, armoire and desk with attractive, modern bedding. The bathroom had beautiful, clean white tile, granite countertop and deep Jacuzzi tub. Special room, super local close to Oxbow Market, shops, bars etc. We had a great, romantic time!!

Room Tip: #225 king suite. Modern mixed with traditional with plantation shutters and a view of green lawn/tre...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Im very glad to have met you and hope to see you again soon,we try to do what we can when we can on speacail accasions.I certainly enjoyed in talking to you and directing you to our great restraunts and wine shops we have walking distance to our Hotel.Im sure we will see you again and I certainly look forward to it.

Been to Napa Valley Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!