“Nothing special, but good value” 3 of 5 stars

Napa Valley Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   853 Coombs Street, Napa, CA 94559   |
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nothing special, but good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

You're really paying for location with this hotel. The service, rooms, and grounds are basic but adequate and safe. If you're looking for a special hotel for a romantic trip, this isn't it. But if you're looking to stay in a central location while saving money this is a great choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
NapaValleyH0tel, General Manager at Napa Valley Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the hotel. We take our guests' concerns very seriously. We want every experience to be positive. We are very proud of the fact that we are the "Top Value for Similar Hotels" in Napa. As a result, we are proud of what we offer and are continuing to make improvements, both customer service and to the property. The response for your needs is not acceptable and we have spoken with the staff to ensure that all guests are taken care of. We are fortunate to be surrounded by restaurants, coffee shops and even wine bars and the staff should have been able to assist you with your needs. We have currently removed all bedspreads and gone to triple sheeting. This ensures that each guest has a fresh, clean bed. Your safety is our concern as well and we have security bolts on every door, this is in addition to the door lock system. We very much appreciate the time you took to write your review and will use it as an opportunity to create an excellent guest experience for our future guests. Next time you are planning to be in the area, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will do everything to insure your comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

If I can tell you to do anything.... do not stay at this hotel with your family or if you are traveling as a couple. The outside looks great - and the pictures obviously look good. NOT
I traveled with my daughter and fiancé - we got zero sleep. Our door to the room was "off" the floor by .5 inches. So all day long we had the sun coming in at the floor. Then at night we could hear everything in the parking lot. One night - a group even had a party in the parking lot. They partied loud and drank in the parking lot for 2 hours. This is when I learned that my hotel room phone did not work at all. I had to search my reservations to get the phone number to call from my cell phone to complain about the noise. The manager insisted that the noise had only happened for 10-20 minutes. He had to have been asleep in another building (or outside with the party).
As I said earlier I traveled with my daughter we went to give her a bath. The tub had no stopper - so we used a towel everyday since it was never fixed or replaced. Asking for additional towels was another issue - we didn't get them until our last day just before check out.
Parking is very limited. Make sure to get your spot early on your trip and keep it.
We were disappointed that our basic needs couldn't be met. We found other peoples medication, clothes and shoes under the bed. The telephone didn't work. Asking for dining advice - we were sent to another hotel.
I say - spend the extra money and upgrade to the B&B around the corner. You will thank me in the morning. But hey the location was great. We walked 90% of our trip.

Room Tip: I hope higher floors have less parking lot noise...... just get another hotel all together
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I take all reviews very seriously. I have inspected all of the rooms on the second floor and did not find a cracked seal nor a door without a sweep. In order to fix these issues for future guests I need to know more information. Please contact me directly.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Looks nice but its not...door jam off by .25 inches box tv with poor cable picture thin mattress with thinner sheets..very loud due to courtyard design you can hear everything. I was at the Weston visiting family there and was so impressed I said I wished I could stay there the desk clerk said I could because they had a cancellation and she gave me a deep discount so I moved hotels and spent twice as much but it was worth leaving this fleabag motel. I basically paid 230 bucks to park my car...Stay at the Weston instead it cost the same its much nicer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank-you for your review. I am always looking for area's to improve. I'm very sorry that you were disturbed by the exterior of the hotel we are in the process of remodeling.
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We booked a hotel only two weeks before our weekend in Napa, so we weren't expecting a super nice place. It was decent for the price we paid, but we stayed in a room on the corner which had a window out into the street instead of into the parking lot-the window shade was very sheer and did not keep out the light. This was our first weekend away from our baby and we desperately needed good sleep! We also booked the room with a jacuzzi, and it is just a normal sized tub with jacuzzi jets. We didn't use the jets at all, it was a joke to us.

Overall, it was clean, check-in was great, and the staff was very nice. Just wish we could have had darker shades so we could have ogtten better sleep!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your very complimentary review. It is our pleasure here at the 3 Palms Hotel to make sure that our guests are comfortable during and before their stay. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the Napa visit.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

It takes a lot for me to complain but I've never been exposed to such poor customer service before. The room had an odd smell, there was a missing light bulb, a dead bug on the frame, a tv remote with dead batteries. The "spa amenities" consisted of a broken shower nozzle that left us showering in uncomfortably hot water. Also, due to the limited parking, we had to walk a block to get to our car. When I informed the manager, Gary Dent, of these problems, he offered us a new room (which was in the same condition - minus the dead bug) or a very small discount. Being shocked by the manager's attitude and lack of help, we chose the discount, which should have been much greater, and tried to stay away from our hotel as much as we could during our stay. By the time we had checked out, the light bulb had never been replaced, the dead bug remained on the frame and the tv remote was useless. Our entire experience at this hotel was terrible and the disrespect from management made our stay in a wonderful city unforgettable but in a very negative way. The ONLY good thing about this hotel is the location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Over the last five years, there has been a resurgence of bed bugs in the United States that is a widely-recognized problem. This has affected the hotel industry, hospitals, college dormitories and private multiple dwellings. It is suspected that this resurgence may be a result of increased international travel to and from the United States, since bed bugs are easily transported in suitcases, purses and clothing, among other things.

To address this growing problem, we have an aggressive pest control policy, which includes regularly scheduled professional inspections and elimination protocols. We have also implemented a thorough training program for our housekeeping and maintenance personnel to assist in the early recognition of an infestation. These standard procedures require that the room in which you stayed be quarantined and that it remain quarantined until a thorough inspection by professionals can be conducted.
Given the nature of our business, it is our expressed commitment to make every guest experience an enjoyable one; and I am so sorry that your stay did not live up to that commitment.
Stockton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We liked this place for the location in Downtown Napa. Our room was $245.00 for a king bed, jacuzzi tub, and fireplace. The first thing we noticed, was the lights didn't work. We tried several times, but some never worked. Later, at 4:00 am, when we were sound asleep, two of the lights that didn't come on, were now on and blinding us.
The room didn't smell very pleasant either so we left the windows open while we were out for the day. We came back and decided to use the fireplace because it was a cool day. We were told by the front desk, that the fireplaces had been turned off for the summer. (We stayed in May and it was cool enough for jeans and jackets).
At night, our pillows kept slipping off the head of the bed as our king size bed did not fit flush with the headboard. On the other end, the duvet comforter would not stay on the bed either. It was slippery and we woke up many times with it off the bed. That p,us the blinding light at finally came on hours later, we're annoying.
We will not be staying here again.

sacramento, california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

it was a spur of the moment decison to spend the night in Napa after we went to St Helena for the day, and went to mums for champange, and the auberage for drinks and a great italian resturant in st helena, so were were lucky to find a hotel room on a very busy saturday night. This was a bit pricey for the size, but they did give us a goody bag full of stuff, and the goody bag was a nice canvas tote, because we asked for some toiletries since we hadn't pack for the overnight trip, were hoping for toothbrushes, but amazingly the goody bag didn't have toothbrushes. we were lucky though cause my partner had been to the dentist for a cleaning and he had a goody bag from his dentist that had a toothbrush and toothpaste, and floss.. just wish they would have had a toothbrush.

Room Tip: we were on the side of the street, but it didn't seem to be too much of a problem, but many gues...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you and Thank-you for telling others how much you enjoyed your stay. We do take customer service seriously and is a weath of information about The Napa Valley. They are a valued members of our Staff.

Been to Napa Valley Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!