“Napa Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Granite Bay, United States
“Napa Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel with free breakfast and easy access to the Napa Valley. We brought our bikes but important to know that...They have bikes you can rent on site! We booked last minute and were happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

After spending 20 minutes to try and make the a/c work, it seems the final kick out of frustration finally brought the old girl back to life. Sadly the same could not be said of the rather large television that ended up remaining as a sort of post-modern art piece that hung on the wall producing a dulled reflection of the world that was quite apt for this hotel. Breakfast was served on paper plates and with plastic cutlery in a dining room much too small for the crush of guests that were trying to eat a rather paltrid offering of waffles, eggs, and plastic cheese. To be frank, I've had better eggs in jail than the rubbery fluorescent yellow reconstituted powder on offer here and when I enquired about the rest of breakfast (bacon, sausages, etc) I was told by a rather appologetic member of staff that the meat had run out hours ago.

Just because this hotel is in Napa the management have clearly decided to slap a big price tag on a bog standard hotel experience while cutting corners at every chance. My advice? Stay away unless you want to pay $215+ for a $69 experience.

Best Western Premier's brand has either lost a bit of its shine or clearly just doesn't care when one of their franchises embarrasses the name.

• Stayed July 2013
Discovery Bay, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked this hotel for our 12th anniversary on the July 12th weekend. Roomrate was about $290/night. We were given room #212 which was the room on the very N/E corner of the hotel. Upon arrival, the clerk suggested I park "behind the pool", which was completely opposite from where our room was. My wife entered before me and when I brought up our luggage and opened the door, I trapped her because the closet door opposed the entry. I found a dark hair on my sheet side (of the bed); I found more hair around the bathroom sink condiment basket, along with somenone's pregnancy test strip. Since the room was a corner room, it adjoined 2 street intersections and the main highway. The room was arranged poorly with the desk at the foot of the bed and its chair blocking passage. A settee faced the door, not the TV. We received our Anniversary wake-up call at 5am because the kitchen was directly below our room. The breakfast room was also poorly arranged with plates and plasticware on opposite sides. There is only one waffle maker, and the coffee carafe was empty. I complained (sigh) and we were moved to another room that was much better, although the small refrigerator was broken. I asked for some sort of compensation for our room issues, and the hotel provided us a $28 refund....period. I've been in some BW's that were superior to this for less than $100/night. This hotel was totally overrated and overpriced. Their response to issues was lacking. The manager emailed me, but it seemed a standard "we're sorry and hope you return" email. I would think twice and believe a Bed and Breakfast for the same or lessor price would be more comfortable. Be cautious when booking.

Room Tip: Do not accept the second story rooms on the north east side next to the highway and above the kitche...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very clean. The room had everything we wanted. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Location is convenient with restaurants within walking distance. Highly recommend!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was at SFO airport on Saturday July 6th when the airplane crashed. Obviously my flight was cancelled, the next flight I could find was for Tuesday July 9th... And as you can imagine I was already checked out on my previous hotel. I tried to find something in SFO, but since it was 4th of July weekend everything was full... Anyway, I found this hotel at Napa, and I went there very excited about my first time in Napa but under the circumstances I didn't have high expectations in this hotel, which I found at last minute for $169 per night.
I was totally wrong! What a gem!
You have to consider the price and that it is not a luxury hotel chain, keeping that in mind, the hotel and room was well decorated, clean, my room was big and the furniture very nice.
The complementary breakfast was good to be complementary: waffles, eggs, cheeses, ham, sausages, cereal, coffee... Good enough to have a great start of your day.
My experience was perfect. It may not have a big lobby and restaurants or room service... But it is great to have a good night of sleep and be ready for your activities at Napa.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
SoCal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We came to Napa on June 29th and stayed at this Best Western because we stay at Best Western's often and mainly because it was available (big concert weekend and almost everywhere was booked). The price was over $300 for a standard king size bedroom. The decor was nice, but the amenities had issues. The lighting was poor, especially in the bathroom vanity area; the window (literally) came off the track - my husband fixed that; the tub drained slowly, and shower temp varied from scalding to cool (but that may have been due to other guest using their showers at the same time); the mini frig did not work - which we found out after we came back from being gone for hours and had put all of our food/drinks in; the deadbolt did not work (it did not engage); and the pool/jacuzzi closed at 9pm (really!). The decor was nice; the bed was comfortable; breakfast was ok; and the room/hotel was very quiet. So our stay was so-so, but definitely not worth the money we paid

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Best Western Ivy for our recent Napa trip. The room is nicely laid out with the expected amenities. Next door to the Red Hen Cantina for Mexican food, it is also right off of the highway so access to Napa and Sonoma Valley is a breeze. Breakfast seemed ok - fruit, cereal, bagels, juice, and waffles, however, only one waffle maker so the line was long. Customer service was excellent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Ivy Hotel Napa? Share your experiences!