Our trip to Napa was over Labor Day Weekend. We arrived Fri about noon and were able to check into our room early (normal 4pm check in). Rooms are typical with front room with flat screen TV, couch, and table with 4 chairs; bar area with sink, refrigerator, and microwave; and back bedroom with vanity area and another flat screen TV. The bathroom was different having french doors, not a problem for us, but some don't like that they don't lock. They also have a little recycling bin in the room which was awesome, I'm a big recycler.
We ate breakfast every morning at the hotel. They have a nice hot breakfast including choice of eggs, omelets, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, and pancakes. I had a hot breakfast the first morning, but stuck with cereal, toast and fruit the other 2 mornings. They even had Kashi Heart to Heart cereal...score! Although I should have taken an extra box to save as they were out of it our last morning. We always got to breakfast by 9am and it wasn't that bad waiting for the hot food or finding a spot to sit.
Make sure to visit the Concierge and ask about the wineries. We actually went to ask about shipping our wine back home that we bought in the Valley and he hooked us up with a bunch of free or 2 for 1 tasting tickets. The nice thing is that they don't expire, so we have some saved for our next trip. He marked a bunch of wineries on a map for us that he recommended. He also recommended buying some wines at JV warehouse in Napa to save money. We did found some wine there and were able to get it for a few dollars cheaper. However, some wineries only sell at the winery.
Amenities included a nice indoor pool and hot tub. We went to the hot tub twice and it is nice and hot...103 degrees! I couldn't stay in it very long. There is also a small pool outside. They have a small "gift shop", but it's just a closet like room with a few toiletries. They charge about $10 for 24 hours of wi-fi if interested. Their reception at night was a big hit with everyone, but we didn't check it out. We were usually coming back from the wineries and getting ready for dinner at the time. There are also 4 swans that live at the hotel and can be seen in the courtyard or in the pond/fountain.
So, yes, they will ship your wine home to you. We had them ship us our 6 bottles. You just turn in the bottles with a form (pick one up when you check in) and they pack it and ship it. We shipped regular ground for $20 and had our wine the Thurs of that week (we left on Mon). Looking at all states for 6 bottles, the average price is about $30 for ground, $60 for 3 day, $80 for 2 day, and $100 for next day.
All in all, a great hotel with a very helpful concierge. We would definitely stay here again. Check out my profile for my Napa list if interested in our itinerary.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Napa
- Embassy Suites Napa Valley
- Napa Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Hotel Napa Valley CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic town of Napa, near world- renowned wineries and home to celebrity chefs, the Embassy Suites Napa Valley is a Mediterranean style property built around an interior courtyard and millpond. A three story building, this charming property offers 205 spacious suites, two swimming pools, sauna, whirlpool, gift shop, restaurant, and lounge. Complimentary full breakfast and beverage reception make this a great choice for anyone looking for hidden value in the Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.