“Pleasant Stay at the Embassy” 3 of 5 stars

Spring Into Napa
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wisconsin
“Pleasant Stay at the Embassy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

So I read all of the reviews for this hotel and others before deciding to stick with this one only because my boyfriend had booked it already. I wasn't going in with high expectations needless to say. We stayed in what was called the Executive King suite. It was basically two small but sufficiently sized rooms with a dinette. The little refrigerator offered a complimentary bottle of Hess wine. Our room was on the second floor an the courtroom side with the staircase right behind our heads. The noise can be a factor here but it didn't really bother us too much and there was no noise at night or before 8 in the Am. I wasn't impressed at all by the buffet breakfast which others have said was amazing, the basic warming pancakes and french toast, cooked to order eggs, bacon/sausage...bagels, muffins(mini), juice, boxed cereal and coffee, eh. The grounds were great, awesome location, nice flat screen TV's, nice decor, comfy bed. Sucks that you have to pay for wi-fi but they have computers you can use. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
sperry0325
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

I read ALL the trip advisor reviews prior to my stay at Embassy Suites, so I knew what I was in for. And I have to stay that all of the reviews are right on. The key is to prioritize what is important to you in a hotel.

This hotel is SO nice in so many ways, and then in other ways it's not so nice! First the good - the grounds are GORGEOUS. The free breakfast is outrageously good. We had a super quick check in. And the people working there seemed really nice and helpful.

Now the not so good - super thin walls, you can hear a lot of what goes on in adjoining rooms. And you can hear the highway if you're facing it. Also, I was looking forward to taking a dip in the pool, but when I went down there, it was kind of dirty so I didn't go in.

The room itself was fine, nothing fancy but very nice nonetheless.

I think if the walls weren't so thin I would be giving this hotel a big thumbs up, because for the price, it's a great room in a central location to all you need to do in napa. But the thin walls were a big downfall.

• Liked — The beautiful grounds and great free breakfast.
  • Disliked — The paper thin walls
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

This was my third time to stay here. I came with a group and the Embassy Suites was arranged through the trip coordinator. Last year we had a problem with the air conditioner in our room that never got remedied, but did get a box fan that helped a little bit. This year, same problem. Many people in our group complained about the a/c...the lowest setting you can put it on is 65, but in reality the thermostats are just decoration, and do nothing to cool the room. Finally we were told that they actually turn off the air conditioners at nine o'clock at night b/c some people get too cold. That's about the lamest thing I've ever heard. Obviously they turn off the a/c's to save money. My thought on that is if they can't afford to run the equipment, they shouldn't be offering the service. Interestingly, during our stay, they did go out and purchase more box fans for the "hot" customers (they ran out before...which speaks volumes for the situation).

Other than sweltering, this is a nice place. Breakfast buffet is terrific.

• Liked — the extra sink/mirror in bedroom
  • Disliked — the absence of air conditioning
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
samoz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

Nice room, BEAUTIFUL center courtyard, incredible complimentary breakfast buffet!! I really loved this place.

Stayed July 2008
marin, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

I was concerned by some of the reviews had I read so I visited the hotel prior to making my reservation. I don't live that far from it (about 45 minutes) and I was meeting a great friend who was flying in from Georgia. She and I had a lot of catching up to do so I wanted to be sure our stay was up to par. It was! The staff from check in to check out were very efficicient and professional.. They were helpful and eager to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. Our third floor non smoking room (not a whiff of smoke) overlooked the pool, mill and beautiful swans. It was very relaxing and very quiet.The managers reception was very generous and the cooked to order breakfast was more than adequate. Did I mention the complimentary bottle of wine that was left in our refrigerator and the room service was to die for! I would definitely stay there again and I recommend it for all the reasons stated. Just make sure you specify the experience your hoping for.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — A little expensive but you get a lot for your money!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

I stayed here on a quick weekend get away on points. Overall the hotel matches out to the prior reviews, and was a pleasant stay. This hotel is a good example of a unique item found in the Embassy Suites chain that I have not run into elsewhere. It appears to have been single’s apartments converted into a hotel. (Arizona has several Embassies like this) This has some good & bad points, the good is the grounds as noted, but the room layout is rather strange with a full sink in the bedroom with a full bathroom right outside the bedroom. And overall I’ve found this type to always be in average shape with some parts really needing updating.

Furnishings were in good condition, but slightly dated and we have the brown shutter room so we got the one old, one new TV. And we had the strange dated bar/kitchen. Check in on a Saturday during the summer, expect delays getting your room as this place is busy. (Check in itself was quick) And get to breakfast early, it gets crowded by 9 AM but the staff in the kitchen is one of the fastest short order kitchens I’ve ever seen. We had a room facing one of the parking lots so noise wasn’t a problem, and overall the guests were pretty quiet when using the many outside areas for relaxing.

But to get around the area & to get to dinner, it was great. For dinner, highly suggest Julia’s Kitchen at COPIA, we got a last minute table easily and it was much more of a local’s place without the HWY 29 crowd driving up the prices & the noise. Talking to the guys at Conn Creek, it was one of their fave’s as well for a nice dinner.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Odd room elements
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

if you can handle freeway noise in one ear all night, and the breakfast staff setting up at 4am in the other ear, then stay here.
My fiancee and hardly slept at all and actually left the bed at 2am to sleep in the pull out sleeper in the dining room, only to be awakened soon after by the breakfast staff stacking and crashing plates and silverware at 4:00am!!! If you do decide on the risk, get a room OUT of the breakfast area and AWAY from the freeway. Other than the active and nicely decorated courtyard, this place isn't worth it for the price.

• Liked — courtyard
  • Disliked — noise, long wait in line for breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Napa Valley? Share your experiences!