“Enjoyable stay in Napa” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Surrey
“Enjoyable stay in Napa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our second stay in Napa and on both occasions we stayed at the Chablis Inn. Our last stay was 4 years ago and we returned again in July 2014. The rooms have been renovated; however the hotel has the same charm we remembered from our initial visit. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The hotel is clean. The area is safe and close to restaurants and shopping. Small mall across the street which has a grocery store and a Starbucks. Rooms do not include breakfast so it is easy to just pop across the street for your morning needs.
Hotel has a private courtyard where the pool is located. Pool is a bit too cool to swim in and I heard other guests who agreed. There is a hot tub too.
My only recommendation for the hotel is to purchase window coverings for the room so you can sleep in. This is a common recommendation the hotel has received since the renovation and I am confident they will do something about it soon.
Staff are friendly and willing to assist you if required.
Make a reservation early especially for the weekends. Property is on the smaller side compared to other large hotels in the area. Excellent value for Napa.
We will definitely return again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: 2 level motel. All rooms are quiet. Hotel is adjacent to the freeway, but no noise level concerns. T...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was better than we thought. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. It had a mini refrigerator and a flat screen TV. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool area. The service was nice. Overall, I recommended this place.

• Stayed July 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Although most reviews I read were very good before my trip to Napa June 19 - 22, you never know until you see it for yourself.

My boyfriend and I were in town for a wedding, which was held at another resort. We just wanted a clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay since we knew we were spending most of our time at the resort for the wedding festivities and wine tour.

Chablis Inn was perfect! The bed was so comfortable, room very clean and updated and we felt safe. Room was cleaned perfectly every day and check-in/out was a breeze.

Only complaint is the windows need window treatments because it's very bright. I had read other reviewers say the same, so I just made sure to wear my sleep mask.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone who is looking for an affordable, clean and comfortable place to say in Napa. Oh, and the Starbucks across the street in walking distance was a nice bones.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and room was upgraded.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The Chablis Inn had a discount through the Entertainment Book. I made a reservation as required. But when I showed up, I was informed they no longer will honor the discount. After some arguing, they agreed to a 10% discount, which they also did not honor. Very unprofessional. Now the room. It appeared clean. The king bed was a king bed, but hard as a rock which I found quite uncomfortable. The pool. Wow, I don't think it is ever cleaned. A LOT of bugs floating on the top, but even more bugs and worms on the bottom. The water was ice cold, which was just the opposite of the hot tub which was slightly cooler than scalding. Unusable. I would never stay here again and would highly recommend avoiding this facility simply because of the management.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Had friends visiting from Ohio who wanted to spend a few days in Napa Valley. Found the Chablis Inn for less than $100 a night mid week with a AAA discount. Small property that's well maintained, very clean, has nice amenities and a great staff. They even kept the pool open for us a little later than usual. I will probably stay here any time I'm in Napa.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Carmichael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We spent the day in Napa and needed a place to sleep so we didn't have to drive all the way home late at night. So many places are in the $350-500 range which seems ridiculous because we weren't going to be using any amenities. I found a cheaper motel, but they required a 2-night stay. The Chablis Inn was inexpensive, surprisingly quiet considering how close it is to the freeway, and very comfortable. The room was a basic motel room, but the bed was very comfortable, the linens were nice and there was a refrigerator (for our leftover wine). It was very clean and the motel staff was very friendly. Overall, a very good value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Palos Verdes Estates, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Motel was great value for a family in Napa. Large strip mall across the street. We got the deluxe king room, I think it was called, and the only difference was a separate jacuzzi bath room.
Nothing fancy going on here, just simple and clean. Only wished the ice maker worked!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Chablis Inn? Share your experiences!